Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Darius nerf was too harsh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khizan

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Darius still has the ability to dunk an entire team fight.

What he doesn't have is the ability to dunk you in top lane, then still have his ult threatening you when you get back to lane. Similarly, you now have to judge when the best use of your execute is, rather than popping it every chance you get, confident that you'll have it available at the next teamfight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
vats3:
hello my friend let me introduce you to the point


Terrible point, Garen>Darius even when Darius did have the refresh ultimate it was still Garen>Darius, always has been always will be, your point is invalid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

henrythai

Senior Member

03-03-2013

How to un-nerf Darius:

* Bring back his ult refreshing
* Nerf the additional damage for each stack of Hemmorage to 10% from 20% [so maximum damage would be 510 (+ 112.5% Bonus AD) as opposed to 680 (+ 150% Bonus AD)]
* His ult consumes Hemorrhage stacks
* His Apprehend passive is reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% armor penetration from 5/10/15/20/25%
* If the target of Noxian Guillotine moves out of range before the cast finishes, the ability will fail but will not go on cooldown or expend mana.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thebloodySmurf

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
vats3:
oh yeah i forgot about that passive where when his ult is on cd so is everyone of his other abiltys (sarcasm)

he still has tons of damage if the only way he is useful is with his ult then almost everyone in the league needs a refresher

Darius doesn't do much damage late game without his ult and have not much utility so yeah he's WEAK af without his ult up


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarcusGraves

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
Khizan:
Darius still has the ability to dunk an entire team fight.

What he doesn't have is the ability to dunk you in top lane, then still have his ult threatening you when you get back to lane. Similarly, you now have to judge when the best use of your execute is, rather than popping it every chance you get, confident that you'll have it available at the next teamfight.


this guy's got it right here, also at max rank its a 80sec CD which is not bad by any stretch. im usually running around at 13% CDR and my ult is little under 70sec CD, this change only affects people that try to "slam jam" at every possible chance w/o thinking ahead.

Quote:
henrythai:
How to un-nerf Darius:

* Bring back his ult refreshing
* Nerf the additional damage for each stack of Hemmorage to 10% from 20% [so maximum damage would be 510 (+ 112.5% Bonus AD) as opposed to 680 (+ 150% Bonus AD)]
* His ult consumes Hemorrhage stacks
* His Apprehend passive is reduced to 4/8/12/16/20% armor penetration from 5/10/15/20/25%
* If the target of Noxian Guillotine moves out of range before the cast finishes, the ability will fail but will not go on cooldown or expend mana.


those are practically across the board nerfs and would do more harm, no one would ever take those.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thebloodySmurf

Senior Member

03-03-2013

he's in a rather weak spot and his ult is no longer rewarding you for executing in lane like it used to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thebloody7

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
RaptoRGmo7:
low elo player canot win vs darius sooo they cry for nerf riot nerf X champ low elo player win vs X champ, and other player used this champ and win again and low elo player cry again soo, darius never was op, i win vs him win many champ ( range and melee ) just need practice no cry for nerf

yep that's how Riot work =/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

henrythai

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
MarcusGraves:
those are practically across the board nerfs and would do more harm, no one would ever take those.

Oh, yeah, I meant balance! LOL. I guess I could give reasons:

* His ult refreshing was really what made Darius who he was; I think someone said it best: "his ult is no longer rewarding you for executing in lane like it used to."

* But reverting back to ult refreshing would put him back where he was. So why not nerf its damage a little? It shaves 170 true damage off the original base stats at maximum damage, but 510 true damage is still a lot.

* Consuming stacks is so that the truly good Darius players will know when to ult to guarantee a kill, instead of having the bleed do the job. (We all know those Darius players that ults and kills one person in a team fight, and then attempts to ult everyone else without thinking.)

* As for armor penetration, I personally think it's a bit too much. Armor pen was actually nerfed across the board for S3 (masteries, runes, even Olaf's passive on his ult), so why does Darius get to keep such a vast amount of armor pen?

* The ult canceling when target is out of range is much like what happened to Skarner. Sure, it's a nerf, but it's ridiculous when he kills you and you're 600 units away from him (I'm personally referring to a recent game I had when he ulted me and I was in mid-Leap as Kha'Zix and he still killed me).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khizan

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
henrythai:
Oh, yeah, I meant balance! LOL. I guess I could give reasons:

* His ult refreshing was really what made Darius who he was; I think someone said it best: "his ult is no longer rewarding you for executing in lane like it used to."


The reward for executing in lane is that you executed them in the lane. You got a kill. Yay. Kills are good.

Darius' laning kit is not so bad that he needs that ult perpetually looming over the lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogreth

Senior Member

03-03-2013

Quote:
vats3:
alright here is what i will do, i will say darius needs to be unnerfed aslong as some other people get a refresher on there ult starting with garen and karthus


Don't forget about Cho and Cait! They should all deal true damage too! That's not OP right? I mean, Darius gets a refreshing ult that deals True damage and scales with AD and that's not OP. So you know, Garen, Cho and Cait should get that too