How to counter turtling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadysKnight

03-03-2013

So some friends and I just started doing ranked on TT. Our team comp typically ends up being an ap, a tanks bruiser, and a damaging bruiser. It has been working well enough except for one glaring issue: turtling at the base turrets. We don't usually have a ranged person to push down the tower so a fast clearing team can turtle into the late game where even one ace on either side can mean a loss.

My question is how some of you veterans would handle this situation? Obviously you don't want the opponent to dictate when and where fights happen if you can help it but there are also only a select amount of times you really want to dive under tower. Short of someone getting the surprise engage with flash, the only real way I've been able to counteract this somewhat is with a reverie to catch them as far out of position as possibe so we don't have to dive so hard.

DontWeturself

03-03-2013

Build Armor Have everyone get a Randuins and you can have a team fight under the turret and it wont hurt that much, but its preferred to just destroy the tower then have the teamfight(if you have an advantage)

Angela Anderson

03-03-2013

You need to ensure success with a single push, so be as prepared as possible. Make sure you have both altars, and fight once you have Vilemaw buff. That's 10% increased damage and massive regen. At that point, you should be able to kill the tower even while the enemy goes to the fountain to heal. Additionally, consider this in your teamcomp. If you don't want a ranged champ (Many comps often won't have one), consider having a champ with an onhit ability to help take towers (Garen/Wukong/Nasus).

Boo

03-03-2013

your comp should always have atleast someone who can siege towers well. buy red pot and take that tower down lol.

AndersMMO

03-03-2013

*cough* Ohmwrecker *cough*

(I'm not even kidding, this is very possibly the most under-appreciated AP tank jungler item in 3v3. It hard-counters people who try to turtle)

awkwardbowman

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersMMO View Post
*cough* Ohmwrecker *cough*

(I'm not even kidding, this is very possibly the most under-appreciated AP tank jungler item in 3v3. It hard-counters people who try to turtle)
^That
Right there.
When anyone turtles EVER i buy that thing and they get screwed. It's not like you don't have enough time to grab the gold for it if they're turtling that much. You get the entire jungle

LadysKnight

03-03-2013

I suspected the Ohmwrecker thing but I cringe to do it when I'm someone like Garen. So much waste but I may have to. Otherwise the consensus seems to be armor and suck it up. Point taken. Thanks for the responses.

C9 Ice

03-05-2013

Could let them push 1 lane and jungle and wait to catch some1 out of position.