Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Authentication failed for an unknown reason. Retrying.. (Attempt 1-5)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohmyjesus1

03-05-2013

Was having this same problem, seemed to fix itself after waiting 1/2 hour

Nidatrocious

03-05-2013

lol glad to know im not the only one that had this error and that theres a big ass login queue, assuming that all these people trying to login had the same problem. Only lost a ranked game that i was suppose to win nbd.

Phodious

03-05-2013

I don't have Avast and I don't run windows vista.. yet I had the same problem trying to log back in after getting DC'd from a game. That was some.. 15 min ago or so.. haven't been able to get back on since. In a 10 min queue now.

Alfiex

03-05-2013

To fix this problem, go to the main homepage.
Try to log in there.
After attempting to log in, it should say you entered invalid CAPTCHA. Re-login and enter the captcha you see on the new page. Then try to log in to the client again after successfully logging in to the site. It worked!

Dol

03-05-2013

Went through this bull**** for 30 minutes after DCing from a game, finnaly worked. Came back to them having 3 DC's too, lucky me.

kfroy

03-05-2013

look at those queue positions scream down.... BINGO... its on like donkey kong boooo yeh

GanciaBaTIDO

03-06-2013

... Cant connect because an unknown reason , cant log because an unknown reason , i dont use avast and , common after every patch we experience this since s2.

himynameisjennii

03-07-2013

I'm on a mac and I'm getting this problem, trying to use the new mac client but can't log in because of the invalid username/ password combination.

tyconboy

03-08-2013

wow so im not the only one O.O

Hodur23

03-08-2013

Well I have tried to log in since yesterday and have been reading the forum and now I am repairing my client after deleting the lol_air_client* folder. I have never had this problem before. The antivirus I am using is ESET NOD32 v5.