Authentication failed for an unknown reason. Retrying.. (Attempt 1-5)

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NuclearPie

03-03-2013

When I try to login into League of Legends it says Authentication failed for an unknown reason. Retrying.. Attempt 1-5.This happened ever since the new Champion, Quinn and Valor was released. I've tried reinstalling League of Legends again, but nothing happened.

BladeOfTheExiled

Recruiter

03-03-2013

Also had this problem,

If you run League of legends from the icon on your desktop then simply go to the Riot games file in your computer.

Then instead of running the lol.launcher simply access the lol.launcher.admin one.

This may also work by running the program as administrator.
Good luck.

khaosdawn

03-03-2013

Same problem, tried your fix, didn't change anything.

Also tried a repair, and restorign defaults in IE

MrAchille

03-04-2013

can someone fix this plz -_-

Severian NA

03-04-2013

I disabled both Windows firewall and Avast shields. That let me connect. I also ran lol.launcher.admin.exe as an administrator (yes, I was taking every precaution :P).

Also note that I am an EUNE player and I have tried to log into every realm I have an account for (PBE, EUNE, NA). Same result, even on the PBE client in a separate folder (and HDD). The realm I succeded on was EUNE, but it seems that the problem was with Avast and Windows firewall. This makes this unlikely, but in case it affected the outcome, I will add what I tried before this. This was all done to my EUNE/NA client folder:

I tried deleting "Leagueoflegends/RADS/projects/lol_air_client, lol_air_client_config_eune and (I guess it was called) lol_air_client_config_NA . Then I ran a repair from the launcher. I also tried disabling Windows firewall and Avast shields separately. Nothing of this seemed to be working, and I was about to give up, when I realised the problem might lie with both the above. Disabling both let me log in

Severian NA

03-04-2013

Avast shields back on automatically, so doesn't seem to affect gameplay. In a game now. Windows firewall still off. I will try logging in with just that one disabled later.

cauliflower

03-05-2013

i just disconnected from a game and this happened. The game will probably be over before i can fix this.

Golden Bomber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Same ^^

Riki

03-05-2013

It has happened to me as well. Screw this thing. I'm going to be really pissed off if my account gets banned for leaving the game since this happened to me during the champion select.

The White Plague

03-05-2013

Wtf

12345 ... 6