HORRIBLE frame rate and other glitches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason Joestar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Hey, my computer (mid 2012 mbp), when booted in windows, is able to run on high settings at decent frame rates (60+ for the most part) and on iLOL ive been able to run over 100 fps easily, the only reason i havent switched to it is because my mouse always has trouble registering when its on top of champions or minions... making my game one step back from everyone else.

Anyway, I am so excited for this client, and I know you all will get it working perfectly soon enough!!! but, i cant get it to run over 30 FPS... and it lags horrible when i put my cursor ovr ANYTHING and i REALLY dont want to run super low settings... especially if i know i dont have to (as I said, iLOL runs on very high settings over 100 fps)...

The reason I made this thread is:

1. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. If so, were you able to fix it?

3. If you were, how?

4. Is pando media booster somehow involved with the mac client? (i couldn't find it... and if it is.... how do i find/delete it? I already have a lot of stuff draining my bandwidth =p)

5. I updated adobe air... and I'm about to test it out! I doubt itll fix things... ill edit this thread if it does just to let people know that it did so they can fix the problem too.

Thanks again. Sorry for the lengthy post.... and thank you riot for caring about us mac users. I remember back to the other mac client... that was how i was introduced to LoL. Been attached nearly ever since!

Cpt Shiba

03-02-2013

Can't answer 1-3, but as to 4, Pando media booster is a downloader type of thing, similar to a bitTorrent client (i believe it uses similar protocals). Your fps is not affected by internet connection or bandwidth strain. Did you check if you had framerate caps enabled? Other then that, I'm not too sure what else could be causing the low fps.
Maybe your fan isnt working properly?
Follow these instructions to reset your smc: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Jason Joestar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Shiba View Post
Can't answer 1-3, but as to 4, Pando media booster is a downloader type of thing, similar to a bitTorrent client (i believe it uses similar protocals). Your fps is not affected by internet connection or bandwidth strain. Did you check if you had framerate caps enabled? Other then that, I'm not too sure what else could be causing the low fps.
Idk, ive noticed a huge improvement in fps when i deleted pando before.....

Jason Joestar

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Shiba View Post
Maybe your fan isnt working properly?
Follow these instructions to reset your smc: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
btw just did this, thanx!

Jason Joestar

03-03-2013

resetting the smc made a really big difference, but im still experiencing weird mouse lag/unresponsiveness. i chalk it up to it being in beta. riot know's their ****. they will have this fixed eventually.

thank you guys for making this client.