Goliath, the Hextech Chimera

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drake O Dagger

03-03-2013

A collection of all my champions can be found here.

Goliath, the Hextech Chimera

----------

Health: 355 (+82 per level, 1831)
Energy: 200
Damage: 56 (+2.5 per level, 110)
Attack Speed: 0.625 (+0.02 per level, 0.985)
Armor: 16 (+3 per level, 70)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 330
Range: 150/500

----------

Passive - A Beast of Many Forms

Goliath gains the following bonuses depending on the Form he has taken on:

While in a Power Form, Goliath’s basic attacks grant a stacking 1% extra Attack Damage and Ability Power buff (max 10/15/20%).

While in a Defense Form, when Goliath is hit, he gains a stacking 1% extra Armor and Magic Resist buff (max 10/15/20%)

While in a Speed Form, when Goliath moves, he gains a stacking 1% Movement Speed buff per second spent moving (max 10/15/20%).

Each buff only lasts 5 seconds (refreshed when the condition is met).

Scales at levels 1/6/12.

----------

Q - Speed

Goliath gathers more steam, gaining 5 stacks of his Passive immediately.

Lion Only: Goliath leaps to target location, and enemies within 150 units of the location are knocked 200 units away and take 125/150/175/200/225 (+0.6 AD) Physical Damage.

Crocodile Only: Goliath lunges toward target location, and the first enemy hit takes 110/160/210/260/310 (+0.75 AP) Magic Damage and loses 20/30/40/50/60% Attack Speed and Movement Speed for 2 seconds. If Goliath manages to kill them in the next 4 seconds, he gains 50 Energy.

Cost: 80

Cooldown: 6/5.5/5/4.5/4

Range: 400

----------

W - Defense

Passive: Goliath gains 5/10/15/20/25% Tenacity.

Active: This effect changes, based on the form you are in.

Elephant: Goliath gains a shield that expands around him and nearby allies. Attacks against allies within 250 units hit the shield instead. The shield has 120/160/200/240/280 (+0.7 AP), and prevents disables. Increase the health of the shield by 10% for each additional Ally Champion within the shield. Attacks that hit the shield grant Goliath 10 Energy. Duration 3 seconds.

Crocodile: Goliath latches on to the next enemy champion that attacks within 200 units in the next 2 seconds (before the attack lands). That enemy is suppressed for 1.5 seconds as Goliath performs a death roll, dealing 60/65/70/75/80 (+0.05 AD) Physical Damage per 0.5 seconds.

Cost: 80

Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8

----------

E - Power

Goliath’s next basic attack deals 30/50/70/90/110 bonus Damage.

Lion Only: The enemy also takes 5/10/15/20/25 (+0.1 AD) Physical Damage per second for the next 6 seconds and has Grievous Wounds for 6 seconds. If Power kills an enemy, Goliath regains 50 Energy. The bonus Damage is Physical.

Elephant Only: The enemy is also stunned for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. The bonus Damage is Magical and gains a 0.4 AP ratio.

Cost: 80/75/70/65/60

Cooldown: 8 seconds

----------

R - Mode Change!

Goliath changes his form, taking on two different traits selected from his skills by activating them after activating Mode Change! This skill is available at Level 1. This skill is automatically activated at the beginning of the game.

Goliath takes 2 seconds to change form, during which he has his Movement Speed reduced by 5% per change within the last 30 seconds (max 50% reduction), and heals 0/50/100/150 (+0.25 Bonus AD, +0.2 AP) per second. Healing is reduced by 20% per use within the last 30 seconds.

Power and Speed: Lion Form

Power and Defense: Elephant Form (The elephant has 500 range)

Defense and Speed: Crocodile Form

Quote:
While changing, Goliath cannot use his skills. It is only after the change is complete that the skills change. Visually, this shows the mechanical body of Goliath reshaping from his current form into his new form. Goliath does not automatically lose his stacks while changing, they only disappear after the timer for them ends.
Cost: 0

Cooldown: 4 seconds

Drake O Dagger

03-03-2013

A note about the playstyle of this champion.

Lion Form: Made for fighting multiple opponents. At max CDR, E can deal damage to multiple opponents at the same time through the dot and disable their ability to heal. Q is obviously an AoE spammable attack.

Elephant Form: Tank Form, built to disable and defend your allies.

Crocodile Form: Single target attacker, its made to deal high damage/disable a single opponent.

This champion is meant to be a 5th "transforming" champion (Quinn & Valor, Elise, Jayce, and Nidalee being the other 4). I built him with the intention of maybe being the Mid player.

Viendra

03-03-2013

Chimera sounds pretty boss, Bump

windkiller1598

03-04-2013

this is a pretty cool idea kinda like nidalee and udra combined together XP

Drake O Dagger

03-04-2013

Uhh.... Don't really see anything of Udyr in there, but this champion is intended to be a transformer like the other 4 already in the game. It was actually made to just be a conceptual 5th transformer for a full team of them XD

baneseed

03-06-2013

awesome idea

ElementSteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Dude...make a compendium. Stop bumping everything at once and hogging the front page. =.=

shadowcrusnik

03-09-2013

This is a pretty cool idea. It looks balanced enough to my eyes, if you could please reveiw my champion:

Del'Viceaus, The Unceasing Silence
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3205608

DarthDevor

03-11-2013

I Like the base stats, but for the role see him in his health seems low.

Innate/Passive- I like the passive, quite a bit, may I suggest adding something like when he is in normal he gains say armor every hit?

Q- I like how you would be able to build him hybrid with this skill so items like Hextech Gunblade and Guinsoo's Rageblade

W- This kill could make him viable as a tank and could make trying to disable him with slow, stuns etc... quite inefficient and could make enemies think twice before engaging because a lot of the damage could be absorbed by the shield.

E- Nice skill overall. Nothing extremely powerful and nothing useless about it.

R- I like this skill, but wouldn't it be better to decrease his MS lost, rather then increase?

Death By A Bunny

03-11-2013

Okay, here's my review for you.

Base Stats
You gave him HP that's almost as high as Cho'Gath but armor and magic resist of a squishy mage. Even champions with low armor like Soraka have 75 base armor by lv 18.

Skills

Passive - Attack, Defense, Speed, can't help feeling this was inspired by Deoxys, lol. But seriously, this is an interesting passive.
Attack form seems a bit unfair though. Since you made it raise only attack damage, then players may be a bit biased to make Goliath only an AD character and neglect his AP abilities.
Speed form, does it scale your overall movement speed or only your base movement speed? Either way 20% is WAY too much. Let's say you have boots of speed (basic boots).
Base Mov. Scale is 330 * 1.2 + 25 = 421
Overall Mov. Scale is (330 + 25) * 1.2 = 426
Either way this is far too fast. Scale down his base movement or scale down the % bonus.

Q - solid skill. 5 stacks is just the right amount to make him a deterrent. Lion and Crocodile effects are very good, but the Crocodile form damage is kinda OP.

W - 25% tenacity? Is it cumulative or multiplicative? Either way it feels a bit too much.
Elephant shield - good damage absorption but to be able to cast a shield, no matter how small, that regenerates your energy AND prevent disables on anybody inside, you're going to need a much longer cooldown than 12/11/10/9/8
Crocodile shield - would require a lot of AD to cause serious damage but a good CC skill.

E - Solid skill.
Lion Power - Good for against other champions with life steal. 6 seconds might be a bit long but since the effect only happens once, it's not so bad.
Elephant Power - good CC, good scaling.

R - The 3 second transformation channeling is probably not a good idea. It leaves you extremely valnerable (50% less movement? really?) for a long period of time, during which you could easily be targeted and killed. Maybe it's just me, but did you aim to make your R so players would try to stay in whatever form they're in?

Overall this is a solid champion. I would love to see the lore behind him some day, as soon as you address some of his balance issues.

Please review my champion as well. Hali, the Force of Nature.