Orianna Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

reavemearone

03-03-2013

I love playing Orianna but suck at mid, and wanna know if she is viable for support. I think she would be beast because of her ball shield/MR armor boost, speed boost, and some awesome poke. All you would have to do is beef up your AP a little for the shield and poke.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-03-2013

well... its like this.

Orianna mid is also support orianna.
Orianna bot is kindof support orianna but she doesnt perform too well. Still has great harrass and bush checking though. You end up needing a ton of AP to be too helpful since no heals or offensive boosts unless you count speed boosts (for the carry I mean.)
Shes basically poke support till level 6 and even then youd want some more AP to make sure the carry will get a guaranteed kill.

In midlane you can actually get away with building less AP and more supporty stuff and just roam or get ganks and support or switch lanes with someone. She does better as a support in a mages position..

tho technically I dont think she's even supposed to be support lol

reavemearone

03-03-2013

I tried it, and it worked well the the beginning with shielding my adc from **** but got really confusing juggling the ball between poking and the adc and got tripped up. But then it late game the only thing good about it was shielding and ulti, everything else sucked.

I hated it

henrythai

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Really? I personally always thought her kit looked like a support role.

I mean, there's a shield, a disrupting ult, and a slow/speed up.

There's not much damage, but supports aren't supposed to do much damage, anyway.

reavemearone

03-03-2013

it can be done, I just felt annoyed and frustrated with the ball

Armageddal

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
well... its like this.

Orianna mid is also support orianna.
Orianna bot is kindof support orianna but she doesnt perform too well. Still has great harrass and bush checking though. You end up needing a ton of AP to be too helpful since no heals or offensive boosts unless you count speed boosts (for the carry I mean.)
Shes basically poke support till level 6 and even then youd want some more AP to make sure the carry will get a guaranteed kill.

In midlane you can actually get away with building less AP and more supporty stuff and just roam or get ganks and support or switch lanes with someone. She does better as a support in a mages position..

She is labeled as a support I believe. She is also quite good at it, and contrary to what you're saying, she is actually an extremely defensive support. Maxing her E first gives you a low-cooldown shield that has a static 60 mana cost (this allows you to spam it without going OOM). The ball also offers +30 armour/MR to the person it is on, which is a lot, and that defensive buff also synergizes with the shield to make the shield worth more. She is also great at peeling ganks and disengaging with her W. As for harass and initiation, she's a bit lacking, since she's a very defensive support. You can set some things up with your ultimate, but you're going to want to run a poking AD carry like Caitlyn. Her ultimate is also useful for interrupting channels, and it is still extremely useful in the late game for gathering the enemy team together for chaining AoE abilities.

awkwardbowman

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armageddal View Post
she's a very defensive support.
^indeed.

She's pretty fun to play as a support especially since a lot of people get confused when you pick her in draft.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

I do it all the time, and I treat her as I would when I play Janna, all you have is CC and a shield, no healing (other than Janna's ult, but using that just for the heal isn't going to get you very far.)

I play with 0 AP, until I get Kage's then whatever I turn that into. As long as you can max her Shield first, it is amazing at early levels, and even late with a tiny bit of AP, you can make some good saves, you're going to want very high CDR, max it out if you can, which isn't hard. Having Athene's with whatever you turn Kage's into, will give you around 100 AP, and the Chalice is a must, she OOMs very fast.

When I support Ori, we are almost immune to ganks, with her shield and the speed boost, which turns into a slow when enemies walk over it, it makes it very hard for the jungler to catch us.

The good thing about her shield is that you can just stick it on your carry, and leave it with them, and they can enjoy that bonus AR and MR, plus since the Ball is already on them, you can shield them a lot faster, rather than waiting for the Ball to move to them.

I just like Ori in general, and it feels great when your running away from a losing fight, and you throw your Ball back, just to ult right at the perfect time pulling the entire enemy team in, keeping them inside of a GP ult lol

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrythai View Post
Really? I personally always thought her kit looked like a support role.

I mean, there's a shield, a disrupting ult, and a slow/speed up.

There's not much damage, but supports aren't supposed to do much damage, anyway.
She is not labelled as a Support like some have said, and built properly, she can actually destroy in mid as a Mage, you just need to find a good balance of AP and mana regen, because she OOMs very very fast.

She isn't played much in mid because she is not that easy to pull off as a Mage, she does have the highest skill cap in the game, along with Cass. The first few levels are just going to be about getting some gold, while trying to harass with Q as much as you can, without running out of mana, and try not to use her W for harass until later, once you get your RoA and Chalice, it kills her mana pool. Her Q scales down with CD to 3 seconds, and with 40% CDR (easy to get when you think about it, 4% from masteries, 15% from boots, and 20% from Chalice, that's only 39%. but close enough XD ) with 40% her Q will be a 1.8 second CD, and the damage on it is pretty good. Also, her AA's hurt, they really do. Try and add in "Spellsword" mastery with her, her AA's already scale with AP, so having that extra 5% is great.

Amenaku

03-04-2013

im main ap mid orianna, she is ment to be a support mid champ with a heavy damage, she haves a lot of cc, and if your team pick a xin yaho, malphite, volbear, akali, vi, or any champ that can jump to the cmapions like amumu. is a GG combination, i call it the "ball delivery sistem" i pick her all the matches but if we hae any of that champs is so op