People bot Dominion for IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnowBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-03-2013

just had 2 games one with a xin and one with a yi where they bought the same items and ran around very strangly for being gold rank. it was dominion vs intermediate bots. the players would kill minions when a champion was standing near them. run away from towers an enemy just started to cap.

DiscworldDeath

lbgsloan

03-03-2013

I usually bot game Dominion for my FWOTD, and I have seen I few obvious bots. Move and attack randomly, oblivious to obvious danger (hmm 3 bots are coming right for me, better sit here and AA minions), buy random items and random summoner spells (often no boots, Ashe with a giant's belt, tear, and pickaxe running smite, etc.), don't respond to anyone or anything even when I say, "If you aren't a bot, please say something or I will report you for botting.".

They definitely exist. Make it clear in chat you suspect them of being a bot, and encourage your team to report them if they don't respond to anything so tribunal gets an idea of what's going on. Don't think it's done for IP mainly though, most of them have been sub-30 accounts who probably got their main banned and are trying to grind out a level 30 account again.

Stralucire

03-03-2013

IThe past couple weeks I've played a vs-bots game prior to PvP for a quick warm up and win bonus, and about 75% of my games are guaranteed to have one player-bot in them. Here's the clues I've noticed thus far:

Purchases according to recommended items during start-up, doesn't purchase again until right before game end where the bot blows gold randomly.
Never willingly enters the jungle.
Never uses skills.
Alternates taking top and bottom paths after death.
Hovers on top of towers for up to minutes at a time, regardless of being capped or recently capped.
If attacked by a champion, might follow them a little ways into the jungle, but never very far.
Perpetually inconsistent movement; not in terms of direction, but the bot does a lot of stop-go-stop-go.

And of course they don't respond to conversation of any kind.

They most certainly exist. Best thing to do, I suppose, is report them and accurately describe the behavior.

Cohkayne

06-19-2013

Why is riot doing nothing about this? Its so annoying every dominion game i play has a bot in and it is Intermediate level meaning the people are purposely playing coop vs bots to get carried every game. If a rioter wants to PM i have a list of 5 players who are proven botters. Only played dominion games, every character they play gets the same items and every game they do the same thing and get the same score.