problem with rank league points

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vistaalan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

I have been having this problem along which is I am getting low league points when i am approaching the promotion series. Its like when i have 50 league point, i can get like 20 if i win game. But when i have 90league pt, i can 1 or 2 each game that means i have to win like 10 consecutive game before i can actually go to the best of 5 series which is almost impossible lol. Is it my problem or is it the whole leagues system.

tifa97

03-07-2013

i got another problem me and my friend are gain 9-14 point per a win game but when we lose we get -20 point

Alysur

03-07-2013

it is a difficult thing, i've been trying to work back out of a lower division after getting a trolls in a higher division, or randoms that play one role and wont go for anything else.

It seems that no matter how many wins i get, even if im at near 50% win ratio i still do not move up. I had a promotion series, played three games and lost all of them. I was then at 60 points and back to a grind.

I must also admit i've been doing a lot better when im willing to drop the game at champ select. If i didn't, and went into a game knowing i was at a disadvantage with either a troll, someone not picking a role champ, or picking a bad match champs ( just saw a mid pick AP mage after the counter was picked and the support didnt pick a support champ ). I drop these games and avoid a almost sure loss, i dont like going into a game when roles arent picked/called or the picks are blatantly bad, or if theres a troll or someone just doing whatever and not typing a word. 5 minute wait to join the queue? No problem although annoying.

f3zz1k

03-07-2013

I have the same problem... I win 3 games, win promotions, get two troll or DC games and I'm back to where I started which means I need to win 5 game minimum to make up for the 2 lost. I've been promoted about 5 times now.
I think it has to do with hidden elo(if your elo is higher/lower than the average of your rank it affects points gained/loss) best way out is to duo imo.

ll Number 2 ll

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifa97 View Post
i got another problem me and my friend are gain 9-14 point per a win game but when we lose we get -20 point

I got totally 12 points from 2 win games...solo..

I am bronze 1, but my enemy is silver 3-5..always.

no idea to play rank now

Boagster

03-08-2013

Has nobody clicked the "More about the League System" link on the League page in the client? It explains why this happens right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL Client
How many League Points will I gain from a win?

There are numerous factors, but these are the two major ones:
  • The difficulty of the match: if matchmaking considered your opponents to be favored, you'll gain more League Points than normal if you pull off the upset. The opposite is also true.
  • The relative Matchmaking Ratings (MMRs) of the other players in your game: if the other competitors are generally higher in the standings than you, you'll gain more LP (and lose less from a loss), so that you'll general trend upwards even with a 50/50 record.

Since your MMR determines the number of LP you're awarded from a game, players who intentionally tank their ratings after reaching a new tier will find they progress toward the next division VERY slowly. Essentially, they'll have to make back the MMR points they intentionally dumped in order to make meaningful progress toward the next tier or division. There's a lot of complicated logic on the back end to prevent this sort of abuse, so it's always more effective to play legitimately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL Client
Why do I sometimes earn fewer League Points per win when I'm close to reaching the next tier?

Since tier upgrades are permanent in the League System, you have to demonstrate you can maintain a higher level of play before the system will allow you to start a Promotion Series. In rare instances, this means that your LP earnings will be normalized until you meet this bar, so you may need to win a few more matches to trigger your Promotion Series. This is more likely to occur if you're closing in on a spot in the Challenger tier, since you have to outperform a current member of that tier to be promoted.
With this information, I think it's safest to say that in many of these situations, the system just doesn't think you are ready to be promoted due to your hidden MMR being lower relative to people in your current division and the next division, so it's making you prove yourself.

As a note: Hidden MMR = Elo. They are effectively identical as far as the average player is concerned. This system is really just the old system with a promotion-based ladder system pasted over it.