Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5v5 charity tournament.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zztyo

03-02-2013

Ok, so I'm in my senior year this year, and everybody has to do a project that involves service to the community .
Since I like playing this game so much, I decided to host a tournament for league of legends
If I were to host a tournament with a fee to join say like $20 per team, or $4 per person, how many people would be interested in joining? Prize for winning would probably be a percentage of all the money raised, and would be hosted on the NA server.
I can probably get the games to be streamed with some fail shout-casting on my part (probably by me and my friend). Or if not, at least have VODs.
I'll probably make an official website for this later, if I get enough interest in it.
If you guys have any suggestions, criticisms etc, just comment, or just PM me. Anything would be greatly appreciated.
If you have any interest you should comment too

I'll provide more details at a later date if there is enough interest in this. You don't HAVE to have a team of 5, if you don't I'll try my best to try and fit you into a team of 5.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BruthaCameron

03-18-2013

I really like the idea. I have a ranked team that me and some buddy's are putting together and i think we would be interested but questioning, how we would get the money to you. Maybe through pay-pal or something? And I need to know if it's legit, so I'm not giving $20 of my team's money to you, just because. But other than that, i think it's a really great idea. If you ever want to enter a tournament, there's one going on right now at - http://www.alienwarearena.com/. It's totally free, and cash prizes, i believe.
Thanks,
BruthaCameron