Best Champion Top Lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DontbeCrying

03-02-2013

Hello everyone. My main role is top and I just want to help people who lane top. From my experience the best champions that you should play top lane are the champions that will just wreck the other team. First of all one of my favourites is Garen. Now Garen is a very tanky dps that can take in the dmg, while doing massive dmg. He is super op, since you do no dmg to him and his silence with his crazy amounts of dmg. The only person i can think of who can counter him is kayle. But Garen can beat Kayle if you can time his q properly when she slows. Leave comments below and tell me who the best top lane champion is.

DarkSickle01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

My Yorick loves bending over Garens not to mention teemo and elise. There is no "best" champ for top lane if you think otherwise then you're retarded.

DontbeCrying

03-02-2013

Lol you are stupid. I always kick Yorick, Elise, and especially Teemo's ass top lane. Garen can prob **** on everyone if you can play him properly.

Delete Teemo

03-02-2013

Draven best toplaner NA

DarkSickle01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontbeCrying View Post
Lol you are stupid. I always kick Yorick, Elise, and especially Teemo's ass top lane. Garen can prob **** on everyone if you can play him properly.
There's a lot going on in your comment but I'll just end it with "ok yea sure"

DontbeCrying

03-02-2013

Darksickle01 don't talk you are so ****. You are bronze 3 you shouldn't be here. ***

Simply Chaotic

03-02-2013

Quote:
Darksickle01 don't talk you are so ****. You are bronze 3 you shouldn't be here. ***
If he's Bronze III then he should be here. This seemed like a thread where people would talk about top lane champions and such. Seems like a good opportunity to learn something new that might enable progression.

But, like him, I was disheartened after reading your post. You provide no explanation or rationale, you flat refuse to accept any other possible way of approaching the situation, and you are tryhard enough to, apparently, Lolking a poster that offended you with logic.

For my input: Garen is a solid top lane AD Bruiser. In fact, he is my go-to top lane AD champion. However, Garen is not able to compete against those pesky ranged champions as well as you may think. Perhaps, in your experience, you have not had any trouble against Yorick or Teemo. But those two guys, considering similar skill-level/itemization, counter Garen's play-style. At higher tiers, however, those top lane champions will shut down Garen unless your skill level is high enough to surpass their counter-play.

In order to counter champions like that, I either choose a fallback AD Bruiser or pick my main AP Bruiser, Galio. Whatever you like to do, in your situation, is fine. As long as you play smart, itemize smart, ward, and don't get caught out, you will be fine. Skill>matchup.

DontbeCrying

03-02-2013

He is bronze saying that a teemo can beat a garen. That is truly false and he also says that there is no best top lane champion. At the end of the day who knows, there could be a best top lane champion. Also it is not tryhard to check up a person on lolking.

Simply Chaotic

03-02-2013

Quote:
He is bronze saying that a teemo can beat a garen. That is truly false and he also says that there is no best top lane champion. At the end of the day who knows, there could be a best top lane champion. Also it is not tryhard to check up a person on lolking.
Sona can beat a Garen. Skill>matchups.

However, as far as Teemo goes, it's more accurate.

Teemo's kit counters Garen's play-style.

Q- Blinds Garen, shutting down his auto attack
W- Sprint allows Teemo to more easily escape Garens sprint
E- DoT prevents Garen's passive HoT from activating
R- Slows, damages, DoTs Garen...crippling his only means on closing.

Teemo may not be able to burst down a Garen at 65 minutes, but at 10 minutes, Garen doesn't stand a chance.

Yorick has similar advantages, but not quite as clear. The tradeoff, is lategame Yorick CAN kill Garen.

There is no best top. BUT if we had to name an absolute, singular best, I'd say possibly Kayle (current post-nerf Kayle). Her Q is a good burst/CC allowing her to keep gap closers in check. W heals and gives her an important MS buff, allowing chasing/fleeing. E is a ranged-mode AoE ass-kicker. Ult is obv.

DontbeCrying

03-02-2013

Okay, teemo blind well who cares spin to win, you cant blind his spin. Q removes slows and silences and w just makes garen tank af. I am a Garen player and i have never lost to a teemo you can check my Garen stats to tell you i am not lieing. I am like a 70% win rate with garen with a lot of games.