New Ryse Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psudo

12-03-2009

I played Ryse last night. He can hurt, he can lane, he can jungle! With the scaling back of his AP effect is an AP build the best way to go with him?
What is everyone putting thier training points into first.. Prison is good but low damage, Flux drops magic resist and work well on mobs, and overload is the big damage spell. I've been putting 1 point in each to start so i can cast all 3 to reduce the CD. But if you focus on damage Flux/Overload, you lose out on posibly the best non-ult snare in the game. If you focus on the snare you sacrifice your ablility to lane or do big damage to champs. Just looking for some ideas.

wildfire393

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psudo View Post
I played Ryse last night. He can hurt, he can lane, he can jungle! With the scaling back of his AP effect is an AP build the best way to go with him?
What is everyone putting thier training points into first.. Prison is good but low damage, Flux drops magic resist and work well on mobs, and overload is the big damage spell. I've been putting 1 point in each to start so i can cast all 3 to reduce the CD. But if you focus on damage Flux/Overload, you lose out on posibly the best non-ult snare in the game. If you focus on the snare you sacrifice your ablility to lane or do big damage to champs. Just looking for some ideas.
Ryze has become a DPS monster in lategame teamfights. If you turn on your Ult, you pick up a bunch of AP and splash damage on your spells, which means that Spell fluxing a tightly packed group will likely kill ALL of them. Because of this, he is generally the first person focused down in team fights. In order to give him enough time to do his thing, you need effects that provide survivability in addition to ability power. Rod of Ages and Rylai's Scepter are both fairly good items for him, and Archangel's staff is great for turning the MP you're getting from Rod into AP in addition to getting MP to damage on Overload, while also raising your MP at a steady rate to further charge overload and keep the spell spamming up later.

As for skill build, you definitely want to take a point of Cage First for ganking/escaping. Overload gets more damage from your MP than from leveling, so you only really need one point in it to nuke like crazy. I'd do something like this:

1. Cage
2. Flux
3. Cage
4. Overload
5. Cage
6. Desperate Power
7. Cage
8. Flux
9. Cage
10. Flux
11. Desperate Power
12. Flux
13. Flux
14. Overload
15. Overload
16. Desperate Power
17. Overload
18. Overload

Ydriel

12-03-2009

/\

That's pretty much how I've been building him. Early Tear, start working on RoA, then Arch Staff, Lichbane, etc, getting boots somewhere in between. Skill build wise though, I go with 3 points in Cage, 1 in Overload, 1 in Flux, ult, then start lvling Ult>Overload>Flux>Cage. Mainly cuz once at lvl 3, the cage lasts 1.6 secs, which imo is more than enough to gank a hero. Flux is **** good to farm and late game, but early game I find it a bit lacking in damage, so I get 1 point for farming and magic res debuff, and proceed to max Overload for early damage. I'll definitely have to try Rylai's on him though.

1337SuperNewb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-03-2009

Cage is domination.
Flux is for the MR reduction, that is it.
Overload's CD gets cut in about half as you level it up, Flux's doesn't reduce in the slightest.

Therefore:

1. Cage
2. Flux
3. Cage
4. Overload
5. Cage
6. Desperate Power
7. Cage
8. Overload
9. Cage
10. Overload
11. Desperate Power
12. Overload
13. Overload
14. Flux
15. Flux
16. Desperate Power
17. Flux
18. Flux

Krom

12-03-2009

Maxing cage before flux is bad. You get very little in return for maxing it out now compared to the burst from Overload+Flux.

1pt in cage is all you need.