CRITICAL BUG False Firewall Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail View Post
Reds aren't going to be able to do anything for you if HSS fixes your problem. HSS defeats traffic shaping, active firewalls, and other network controls, so if it fixes you, your network is the problem. :|
It's crystal clear that the patch in question has caused this issue and Riot can very well fix this by simply isolating and reversing whatever they botched up.

Considering I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game I am more than pissed off about the pathetic service, game client and servers. For a company the size of Riot this is just unacceptable.

lvaliati7

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
It's crystal clear that the patch in question has caused this issue and Riot can very well fix this by simply isolating and reversing whatever they botched up.

Considering I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game I am more than pissed off about the pathetic service, game client and servers. For a company the size of Riot this is just unacceptable.
Unacceptable, indeed.
I tried lots of times with tickets. They refuse to help us out.

Duane Barry

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbortRetryFail View Post
Reds aren't going to be able to do anything for you if HSS fixes your problem. HSS defeats traffic shaping, active firewalls, and other network controls, so if it fixes you, your network is the problem. :|
Did you read anything in this thread before posting?

Yes, me and dozens of other people happen to be on the same exact connection, posting in the same thread, and having the exact same problem.

Genius.

I could play the game fine with my University's connection for a year until patch 3.03 when myself, and many, many others, began experiencing the same issues. If we could play fine before, we should be able to play fine now, and Riot should be able to make that happen if they gave it any attention.

Duane Barry

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalien View Post

I feel the same way. There's nothing better than having paid for something that you can't even use.

Duane Barry

03-22-2013

It worked fine for another 4-5 games and then BAM, failed to connect for 15 straight minutes before a ranked game. A series. The second series in a row I've been booted out of for dodging. This is the most frustrating thing. Riot... Help?

Duane Barry

03-24-2013

Still having issues staying connected. This is ridiculous.

Edolinvarium

03-24-2013

Also having same issue. Definitely wasn't having this problem in the past. I've tried reinstalls, updaing ports, and tried LoL on a different machine. No luck still.

CallMeOni

03-24-2013

I've been having this problem for what feels like a month now, i kept deleting certain files that'll patch up again which allowed me to play, but i'd have to do that everyday now. just last night i uninstalled and reinstalled league then it worked, but today i tried and it failed again. seriously wtf is happening

TheXthDoctor

03-24-2013

Sorry guys, I've been off campus for Spring Break. Good news, LoL runs normally on my home's wi-fi. Bad news, the 3.04 patch has fixed zilch on this firewall problem on campus. Meanwhile, Riot support deemed my support ticket solved and closed it (ugh...), and now I'm stuck waiting on another one to go through. It's a waiting game now, and hopefully I'll be able to double-check again with IT to make sure everything is working on my end.

I have not forgotten this thread, and thanks for keeping it active. Hopefully Riot will find a fix soon.

Doc Zenith

03-24-2013

This problem can be caused by many factors, however, if you are using an ISP in New Zealand then you may have the same issue I have.

Battleping is my workaround for this problem, as it reroutes my connection (my connection was being dropped between my end and Riot. I.E. Riot and I had no way of fixing this issue).

I have been playing without issue since last night.
If you're willing to pay to play, this may be a good workaround for you. Hope the routing issue fixes itself in the future. Take care guys!