CRITICAL BUG False Firewall Issues

1234511 ... 23
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheXthDoctor

03-02-2013

IMPORTANT! SOLUTION FOUND:
If you are having the following problem on a college campus, follow the instructions here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ricted-network

That link leads to a list of ports and IP addresses required by the game. Contact a network administrator on your campus and have them make sure all the needed ports are open and exceptions are made for the IP addresses listed. This is the fix that ultimately worked for me.

reposting from Bug Reports forum:

Quote:
I cannot connect to any normal or custom SR matches. Co-op AI was working earlier, but I somewhat doubt it'll work again by this point if I try.

Champion select goes by as normal, but when the loading screen is supposed to show up, I only get a black screen followed by the following error message: http://i.imgur.com/7ejtanI.png.

Currently my team is stuck without a Draven because I can't connect to the game. Is there any available fix so this doesn't happen again?

edit: just to clarify, I have checked the firewall, LoL has access at all points. At surface level, everything should be working, but it obviously isn't. Prior to today, I've had the same problem with the PBE client (and not the live client) and connecting to some games. If I had to guess, the issue is with the Quinn patch, because I've tried everything I can think of to fix this problem on my end.

edit2: the post game window appeared despite having another client window already open (the patcher). Obviously we lost, but after going back to the home screen I got and error saying the client could not connect to "Maestro" and it immediately crashed the client.
Edit: I have since re-installed and can no longer connect to *any* game mode after champion select. Is there anyone that has experienced this that knows how to fix it?

Edit2: attaching a couple of recent logs.
Attachment 627703
Attachment 627704

edit3: temporary fix found, check it out on page 10:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post35364543

Kaisett

03-02-2013

From your picture it looks like you're running Windows 8, I, and a friend of mine are having the exact same issue that you are having and we're also on Windows 8. I haven't been able to connect past champion select for over 24 hours since the 3.03 patch even after hours of trouble shooting. I'm almost positive at this point that Riot just ****ed over W8 users in the recent patch.

TheXthDoctor

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisett View Post
From your picture it looks like you're running Windows 8,
Yes

BrackJews

Recruiter

03-02-2013

I've got the same problem on windows 7 and I can barely connect to the forums, keeps saying the site is offline

TheXthDoctor

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrackJews View Post
I've got the same problem on windows 7 and I can barely connect to the forums, keeps saying the site is offline
So much for the W8 theory...

BrackJews

Recruiter

03-02-2013

I have noticed that when I connect to the forum through chrome it says the website requires permissions which may have expired. My theory is that it is the same when trying to connect to a game. It's interesting that spectate mode is available and working perfectly fine.

watanuki ryu

03-02-2013

same.to...me and my friends.
we checked, our computer was fine. actually this problem hapenned in I play severl after patch 3.03
now, my friend become other issue. he can load in after pick champion.but the lag is increable, so he still cannot play.

watanuki ryu

03-02-2013

Quote:
I have noticed that when I connect to the forum through chrome it says the website requires permissions which may have expired. My theory is that it is the same when trying to connect to a game. It's interesting that spectate mode is available and working perfectly fine.
me too....

TheXthDoctor

03-02-2013

Quote:
It's interesting that spectate mode is available and working perfectly fine.
I didn't think to try this, and you're right, it works fine. Still not able to join any games, though.

BrackJews

Recruiter

03-02-2013

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the certificates. Unfortunately I do not know how to resolve the issue. I'm surprised Riot hasn't made a statement by now. I'll keep tinkering in an attempt to come to a solution though.

1234511 ... 23