Introduction to Quinn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taelyn the Lost

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIX INERTIA XIX View Post
ive found that going botrk as first item is amazing. I started with BT my first few games but she didn't attack fast enough. Botrk is perfect for her imo
I actually do get the Ruined King, but I normally get it late game. I could see it being viable early, especially if you are against a high hp champ. The BT is great mostly because of that high AD. Her Autos are slow, yes, but her passive and Q scale great on it. Her Q scales 60% I think, and her passive is just a bit less.

Technician Tim

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIX INERTIA XIX View Post
ive found that going botrk as first item is amazing. I started with BT my first few games but she didn't attack fast enough. Botrk is perfect for her imo
yes i just tried this out, it really gives her great farming ability, (speed/dmg) while giving sustain, and should let you do semi-ok ish in early teamfights, but if you get fed early, get the IE, way way better of you have the gold

of course most adc wont let you kill them 4 times before lv 6

sofakingoog

03-03-2013

[QUOTE=Build wise, I go for a normal ADC build, but with a focus on hard AD, similar to Cait. You 'can' play her top or even Jungle well, but I still think she is the best as an ADC role. If you want to add some durability, go for something to make you get less focused. A GA is great for this.[/QUOTE]

Yay someone who admits that she can jungle . People keep yelling at me when I say I'm going to jungle with quinn >.<

EDIT: First time I've ever posted on here so I have no idea how to quote stuff >.<. I'ts in the guy who started this whole threads first post.

Taelyn the Lost

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakingoog View Post
Yay someone who admits that she can jungle . People keep yelling at me when I say I'm going to jungle with quinn >.<

EDIT: First time I've ever posted on here so I have no idea how to quote stuff >.<. I'ts in the guy who started this whole threads first post.
It's fine. You just missed a ] at the end of your first QUOTE command. And yes, I have actually tried jungle Quinn myself. She has a very rough start so she needs a good leash or she, and she is week against counter-jungling, but her ganks are actually really good, and so is her clear time. You just need to remember to keep farming so you can get those tasty items.

Taelyn the Lost

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
yes i just tried this out, it really gives her great farming ability, (speed/dmg) while giving sustain, and should let you do semi-ok ish in early teamfights, but if you get fed early, get the IE, way way better of you have the gold

of course most adc wont let you kill them 4 times before lv 6
I tried BotRK as my first item in one of my last games because I ended up against a Malphite on bot. It worked well against him, but I felt more of a punch from the BT against most other things. I will personally keep getting the BT first unless they have a lot of HP on their side.

Internet

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelyn the Lost View Post
I tried BotRK as my first item in one of my last games because I ended up against a Malphite on bot. It worked well against him, but I felt more of a punch from the BT against most other things. I will personally keep getting the BT first unless they have a lot of HP on their side.
Yeah I went and gave her anothe try starting BT and it seemed to do the trick.
That and my jungler didn't die to wraiths this game

Taelyn the Lost

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
Yeah I went and gave her anothe try starting BT and it seemed to do the trick.
That and my jungler didn't die to wraiths this game

To wraiths? Even when I skrew up big time, the worst I do is die to little golems, and that is a 1 in 100 chance or less.

NeoLethePIE

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjørne View Post
I do like Quinn, but I do not like the fact that if you use an ability as Quinn, then switch to Valor, the ability is on cd still... I am still learning her, but it just makes her Ult feel sorta useless at times.
I feel like this too. The ult feels kinda underwhelming with only a speed boost and long ass cooldowns. It doesn't even improve her abilities a lot >_>. I do enjoy screaming ANGRY BIRD ANGRY BIRD everytime I ult to chase someone down though XD.

fletche00

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
I can't figure her out.
Is she late game? Mid game? Early game?
I've done best top so far, and even then all I did was feed.
I'm used to Twitch. :/
I would have to say, she is mostly mid to late game. Her early game is good, she can help prevent ganks in the lane @ lvl 3, on top of stopping Xin(b4 nerf, considered one of the best gankers) I look at her like graves, if you get in her face, prepare for some burst, on top of being blinded so you arent going to be able to dish out to her as well as she can to you. Mainly, poke champs are going to have the most fun w/ her.

As for items, Early BT or IE, depending on how the laning phase goes. I have been playing her BT > Shiv > LW > BotrK > GA > Zephyr (sell boots for this) I end w/ over 300AD, 1.85AS, your proc makes that AS around 2.4, you have tenacity, GA is good defense and a 2nd life. This offers some utility to ult as well. Of course, it is situational depending on what your enemies build, but I havent seen a game in forever where the other teams didnt have atleast 2 warmogs. The key is to get her fed B4 the mogs come out (but hey, isnt that the key for every ADC)

I have mainly only played Quinn vs Quinn, not so sure how she sizes up to other ADC. But IMO, Cait, Ez, Corki will probably give her the hardest time. Vayne, Kog & Trist will still pack a harder punch end game. Her initiate and burst though is pretty godly, can't wait to try some ranked w/ her.

CTElephant

03-04-2013

I built her zero crit in bot matches. Boots vamp cept as boots botrk, BT and situationals. I know I should get crit, but that build's sustain is ridiculous and scales well with flat AD. Can someone explain why all that cost for crit is worth it?