@Gnome Where you hiding

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Where did you go on the forums. Poof! you disappeared like you came. How about some more questions for us to answer to help dominion move along. And also you need to find a way to rush a kassadin solution. He discourages all elo's from progressing in dominion by being a mindless assassin that can get outta failed mechanics he does. He can completely fail his R and get in a really tight situation, but no worries 3 secs later, i'm outta here. There is not another champ that has a blink even close to a 3 second blink. The rest have 15+ timers and kassadin's base is 5-6-7, therefore this champ can blink 3 times more then any blink champion. A little communication would be nice, as once again riot has pulled a disappearing act and does nothing for dominion.

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

I will c+p a post I made a few weeks ago which I think is relevant.

"As for Nome, I think no one should forget the contributions that he has made to Dominion. Even in the latest patch, I think he removed the ability to purchase Seeker's Armguard (NOT THE BIGGEST OF CHANGES BUT AT LEAST HE'S AROUND).

Problem is that he could be working 10 hours a day on Dominion and nobody will ever know about it, simply because unless he says something, people will just assume he's not doing anything at all due to lack of results and communication. If he cares about what people says about him (and he probably doesn't, to be honest), then he should probably spend ten minutes a week on the forums updating people about what he's been doing. It's not really that hard but Riot has had a problem with this historically, even when it's related to SR.

Like for example, he talked about Kassadin nerfs like a month ago which a lot of people have been anticipating but it hasn't been shipped out yet. Even if it's not ready yet, or the solution was not viable and they scrapped it, people would be more satisfied with the state of affairs knowing that at least Riot tried.

The lack of communication and lack of things being done recently makes people feel like he hasn't been doing anything behind the scenes when he might have been. Look at his match history for the past week? All SR games. He's played less than 60 Dominion games in the past 9 months.

I think the burden is really on him to show people that he cares, because right now, he isn't doing a really good job of it. imo! 10 minutes a week is probably all he needs to do to clear the whole 'Nome doesn't care' thing. So either he doesn't care about Dominion or he doesn't care that people think he doesn't care."

The last time I saw Nome was when he chipped in with the Akali stealth recall. In this same thread he gave a brief update on the Kassadin change (delayed, I believe). This is something which I wish Nome did more of. Certainly, I would expect that he would have time during queue/champ select from solo q to do a bit of foruming.

Whereas I think Kassadin, and to lesser extent, Khazix are problems in higher end blind pick play, fixing them is probably going to have less of an impact than one would expect. It will make higher end players happier, but it doesn't necessarily solve any of the issues for the majority of the lower-end player base, which could be the main focus of Riot right now (increasing the overall player base).

In the past month, Kassadin is not the champion with the highest win rate, he is the 3rd highest win-rate, suggesting there are champions that dominate even harder than he does in blind pick when considering lower elo brackets. Khazix isn't even top 10 in win-rate, even though he is tremendously OP (though that said, lots of players have no idea how to play him, including tournament caliber players, apparently).

Another thing that I think would make a certain portion of the community happy would be ranked. My argument is that the competitive scene is currently stale, and players have little incentive and infrastructure to topple the current top team in Dominion. I think ranked is a method to bring more players into Dominion for sure, including somewhat high-end players from SR too. I, for one, only played 3v3 ranked last season because I wanted the triple diamond icon. I'm sure lots of people would jump on Dominion Solo Q if it were eligible for end of season rewards.

Furthermore, champion imbalance is partially balanced by 6 bans and turn based pick order. Team construction for competitive play would be considerably easier when players have access to Performance Indicators in terms of people's leagues and mmr. Right now, judgment of skill is almost completely on a subjective basis, since blind pick elo can be easily skewered by specific champion picks and premade abuse. I think this is more or less the only real way the Dominion competitive scene can be reinvigorated.

In summary of my ranked argument, I think that the addition of a ranked mode has the chance to drag in many players. Perhaps this is the only remaining chance to create a burst of popularity, and Riot needs to make sure that Dominion is at an entertainment level that will appeal to players who try Dominion because of Ranked Mode. I think retaining players after the addition of a ranked mode is one of the biggest factors that would determine Dominion's future, and there will only really be one chance.

Riot either thinks it's a bad idea, or they're simply incapable of doing so due to allocation of resources. I don't particularly mind either way, but I feel like any Riot employee in charge of Dominion should be able to spare some of their time to give us the reason of "why not".

Edit : I'm not really sure where to put this, but I feel like whenever players bring up that Dominion has a draft option, I'm not sure if that is necessarily a legitimate argument. SR has a normal draft mode option too, and that, I believe, is also underplayed in comparison to their ranked mode. [I could be wrong on this, and I will accept correction]

Talith PA

03-02-2013

He spends his time playing SR.

naotasan

03-02-2013

Riot needs to do a "day in the life" video to explain to its player-base what they actually do in a day.

Right now most people think Rioters just derp around at the office and literally do no work at all. Then suddenly Rioters go away and stop posting for a few days and a new patch comes out. Rioters talk about the new patch with players in maybe one or two threads, then there is no more talk from Rioters at all unless its a harmless comment in GD on "rate the posters above you" threads.

The fact that RiotNome never has any Dominion in his match history just makes the above paragraph seem true.

Now, from a different perspective, Riot could be busy all day long and not have time to do posts or whatever until the patch is almost ready/done and released because they finally have free time to post on the forums.

Lack of information causes rumors to be created, spread, and then amplified into "believed truth"

ZallKlos

03-02-2013

The only real things holding back Dominion is SR and burden of knowledge.

Riot doesn't want champion to have skills behave differently on different maps. They can't overnerf a champion on purpose because they are OP on Dominion like they did with Twitch and Evelynn for SR.

My point? Stealth, Eve and Twitch 's remake took more than 24 hours. It took time, barely anything was heard from Riot but they deliver good results(IMO). Eve has been tournament level ban and first pick. I hear that Twitch is currently very strong on SR.

Since SR is LoL main selling point(don't delude yourself thinking otherwise), Riot could afford to overnerf 2 champions without worrying about collateral damage. The reverse can't hold, Riot can't overnerf(and yes, they often shoot themself in the foot with SR balancing) a champion because of Dominion.

And also, it was both the community and Riot's fault for killing draft Dominion.