Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New champ price screws F2Pers over some more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HavokTheorem

03-01-2013

Though League is clearly designed to be as close to the border of pay-to-win as is acceptable for the sake of making money, I still feel angry than new champions are now 7800 ip (for how long, there is no indication) whilst remaining the usual RP price of 975. It's just another message saying 'Sure, if you pay us, you can have the new champion, but if you played 30 games to save up enough IP to buy a champion without money, that's nice, you can have it for the normal price once all the superior RP buyers have gotten sick of it.'
Small gripe, but I've been waiting for Quinn and Valor for as long as theyve been announced and played as much as possible to save up for them. Riot, please stop screwing IP purchasers over and make the price difference for new champions equal. Charge more for RP, or reduce the IP cost. Obviously the chance you'll care is minimal, but I'll be happier that I said something about it.

mwarme

03-02-2013

I would agree with you, except that they also implemented a price-reduction scale on other champions. This means you pay the premium to get a champion early, while the promised price reduction scale means it's cheaper for f2p'ers like you and I to eventually build out the full collection.

IS13fce38df38cf40117aee

03-02-2013

They have implempted more price reductions and the 7800 is only for one week.
Yes I know this is a problem for Free to play players but remember Riot would rather if you bought the champions.(They need to eat)

Taurhuzz

03-04-2013

Because the price reductions they're putting out for the older (and still viable champs) are definitely not more than enough to make up for waiting ONE week to get your hands on the new champ?

Also, your definition of "pay-to-win" doesn't make any sense. You only get to unlock champs faster, and doesn't make the game any easier for you if you pay.

Arcticfury

03-04-2013

6300 IP after a full week of waiting is completely legit. Riot actually did this to stop the QQ threads for the noobs who rush to buy the new champ with IP before they test drive the new champ.

Riot has made buying champs cheaper for IP, with the price reductions, and making you wait another week is a small price to pay. So keep you 6300 one more week. Also, after the first week she'll be free for a week, why not play her before you spend all that saved up IP?

Riot just saved you a headache and you moan and groan and make up things that aren't true.

canmx120

03-04-2013

This is dumb, do you have some sense of entitlement to this game for free? Riot doesn't owe you anything. They're providing a free game that's pretty damn well put together, and you're not required to pay a dollar out of pocket. Of course they're going to push people to buy champs, they could decide to implement something like a subscriber package that people who drop $10 a month have unlimited access to new skins/champs and no one would have the right to complain about it.

Llanite

03-05-2013

Paid user supply Riot with money, that's why they need to have them spend RP (with new skins and champs)

Free user supply the game with their time, making the game lively, hence they need to keep you playing, as long as possible.

You get my point.