About to reach level 30

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torenthal

03-01-2013

Hey Summoners,

I never thought I'd be here where I am now, I'm about to get level 30!! But, as always, I'm still learning and I'm a noob in general so I have some questions about ranked games.

I'm a pure ADC, I have no idea how to play anything else. I know how to play Ezreal, Caitlin, Ashe, Tristana, and learning how to play Draven.

In ranked games am I able to make sure I get ADC and nobody else takes it?

I heard Bronze is harder than hell to get out of, how can I find a good team that will accept a bronze player?

Any tips for ranked games in general?

Are any of you interested in playing my first ranked game with me?

Thanks guys for your help, and no matter what level, feel free to add me in game!
Torenthal

Mets2157

03-01-2013

Well, you should probably learn more positions than just ADC because you will play with people who are only willing to play certain positions and will afk or feed if they dont get what they want..

Simsey67

Recruiter

03-01-2013

Well, I have to say that ranked is a pain at first, and people will give you the hardest times. You have to make sure that when you start out, you should know at least 3 positions. No one usually likes support, so you will often get forced into it if you are near the bottom. Another thing is that you will be first pick eventually, so be ready for banning. Banning is key to winning lanes, because no one wants to play against a Blitzcrank. And you question of finding a team, well generally games are better off duo queue because you have someone to back you up, but if you are talking about a team, then Ranked 5v5 teams is a lot different than solo queue, because there is a lot of communication. Teams strategize and try to pay more attention to key objectives like turrets, rather than kills. I have to say that you know some of the best ADC's but, one good ADC that you might want to learn is Graves because he has a great passive that can make him one of the best solo's, but you know enough to not get banned out right now. My final piece of advice is to make sure that your creep score is good. In my opinion, good is 125-150 creep score by 20 minutes. Good luck and have fun.

Cynical Manatee

03-01-2013

That my friend is a very solid roster for ADC position. Just that when heading into ranked, more like than not, you will not get what you want for your role on the team. With the draft mode there will always be, the I insta-lock ADC person without asking the team. Please don't be like that. just sport a good attitude and things will work out. As for roles, i suggest you learn to Jungle and Support on top of ADC. Mid and Top lanes are easier to learn when you have ADC mechanics but jungle and support are a complete different role.

GLHF in ladder, hope to match up with you one day ^_^

Invisibleally

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torenthal View Post
I'm a pure ADC, I have no idea how to play anything else. I know how to play Ezreal, Caitlin, Ashe, Tristana, and learning how to play Draven.

No. All you can do is call 'adc' or ask for it. BEGGING for it is inane and annoying.

Tips:
- Be paranoid. They ARE out to get you.
- Don't get greedy! If you've run an enemy off, you'll win just by getting stronger than them faster through the extra experience and gold while they are running back and forth from the fountain.
- Try out some champions that have other styles; play something other than ADC, you might not find that you care for them much but playing them will give you a better idea of how your allies feel in those other roles and the sort of situations and thoughts they encounter. It'll make you an all-around better player.
- Be understanding of your teammates, restrict yourself from blaming or flaming others. If someone is just being distracting with the things they say, mute them and keep doing your best. When something has gone wrong, try to think of what you can do in the future to help avoid that situation, and if there isn't something reasonable you can do about it, think about what you can do to help counter the problems that the situation causes and minimize damage.

Aliasear

03-01-2013

This is what I say.

Play ranked if you want to play LoL competitively in the future.
Keep to normals if you see LoL as just a casual game for fun.

Ranked queue is too full off "sensitive" people who flame and harass anyone who is doing bad. It's a very hostile environment at times, so I don't recommend it if you don't have the heart or patience to deal with flamers and trolls.

Vergil

Recruiter

03-01-2013

No, chances are there will be quite a few game that you do not get to adc. Ranked is like draft pick where you pick 2 by 2. In ranked you chose your champion according to your rank, so the higher ranks will have first pick, while the lower ranks have last pick, you can ask to play your role, but chances are if someone choosing before you wants the same role they will take it. Learn to play every single role before you play ranked or trust me you will regret it.

I heard Bronze is harder than hell to get out of, how can I find a good team that will accept a bronze player?

Well like I said above dont jump into ranked unless you know you can do well in every lane. Hopefully this will help you avoid ever stepping foot in bronze. Your first few ranked matches are placement matches that determine what league you start in, if you do well you wont have to go to hell (i mean bronze)
Also you cant find a team that will accept a bronze player because you can only joined a ranked match by yourself or with one other person. If you want to play with 4 other premade people on your team you would have to join a different ladder which is Team Que, which is completely different

Communicate with your team, win your lane, help others win their lanes, be a shot caller if no one on your team is, call objectives when you know its safe to do so, and for christs sake (I wish i could like double bold this) It doesnt matter if you are the adc, mid, top, jungle, support, or even if your like spectating idk BUY WARDS.

Torenthal

03-01-2013

Quote:
It doesnt matter if you are the adc, mid, top, jungle, support, or even if your like spectating idk BUY WARDS
Made me chortle!

---

Anyways thank you all for your help and I hope to see you guys in a game or perhaps on the same team (when i get good enough)?

Thanks again.
Torenthal