@RiotNome BotrK

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

Senior Member

03-01-2013

@RiotNome

Any thoughts on allowing the new BotrK onto Dominion to help counter the popular Bruiser picks, and to give ADC's some more viability and counterplay?

Personally I'd like to see it but there's some downsides to go with the pluses. Some brusiers scale very well with it (most of those don't see a lot of play Irelia for example) and could cause issues with the already powerful ones that do (Jarvan, Xin, and Vi are a few examples of people who could reasonably take it).

I think over-all the benefits could outweigh the costs but that's theory not hard math from a more extensive collection of information such as you Rioteers have.

TLDR - I'm curious about RiotNomes thoughts on BotrK on Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Yessss.... Give Jax his BORK!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Yessss.... Give Jax his BORK!
This is pretty much the reason why BotRK hasn't been put in Dominion yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

Senior Member

03-01-2013

He could implement a ranged only version kingblade. Maybe even throw in that faster stacking RoA and Tear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

03-01-2013

When Torch broke half the AP picks on this map we nerfed the hell out of Torch and then went back to nerf the worst of those champions for good measure because he was imba as hell anyway.

I don't see a reason why we don't do the same thing with BotRK, minus putting the item in a month BEFORE nerfing the most problematic case. Making the passive ranged-only like Runaan's would work if not for the fact that it denies the item to the bruisers that aren't stupidly broken. (I would love to have something to use against HP as Irelia and Eve).

The only picks that would really break it are Jax and Win Nao who need to be neutered anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
When Torch broke half the AP picks on this map we nerfed the hell out of Torch and then went back to nerf the worst of those champions for good measure because he was imba as hell anyway.

I don't see a reason why we don't do the same thing with BotRK, minus putting the item in a month BEFORE nerfing the most problematic case. Making the passive ranged-only like Runaan's would work if not for the fact that it denies the item to the bruisers that aren't stupidly broken. (I would love to have something to use against HP as Irelia and Eve).

The only picks that would really break it are Jax and Win Nao who need to be neutered anyway.
Same but I don't want the map any more broken than necessary so I can play some of my favorite champions and more ADC's. This is basically why I'm asking and I should have thought to add what his thoughts are about making it (and/or the champions in a less popular or bad shape) viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Slime Appears

Senior Member

03-01-2013

There is a thread about this in the first ten most recent threads. You didn't even have to use the search function. Why so lazy? >_>


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
There is a thread about this in the first ten most recent threads. You didn't even have to use the search function. Why so lazy? >_>
There wasn't when I created the thread. Also I don't appreciate the insult or the presumption that I wouldn't first look before creating.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Slime Appears

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Crawler View Post
There wasn't when I created the thread. Also I don't appreciate the insult or the presumption that I wouldn't first look before creating.
When I saw your thread, the other BORK thread was in the spot below it. Why lie about this?! This also kind of validates my "insult" : [


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

Senior Member

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
When I saw your thread, the other BORK thread was in the spot below it. Why lie about this?! This also kind of validates my "insult" : [
I wasn't lying. I'll bold the key words for you. That's you. Not me. It may have been on page 2-3 when I looked, and I didn't see it. Again you're assuming that because you saw something, or something happened this way for you that it happened the same way for some one else. That isn't always the case. So please just stop trying to pick a fight.


12