[Ability idea] This may be a totally redundant thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quarak

03-01-2013

I was just thinking of cool abilities, and watching some players in LCS gave me the fledgling of an idea. Sight denial is such a great tool in LoL (see Nocturne Ult and Graves Smoke cloud) why not have an ability that takes it away completely?

The idea would be that when cast the target only sees his/her champion and everything else is the fog of war, removing even their normal sight range. The Summoner is still able to cast all skill shots and self targeted abilities as normal. It would be pretty ridiculous utility, so maybe a short CD ult?

It was just the very start of an idea in my head but I thought it would interest some people here. Sorry if this was an idea previously.

The5lacker

03-01-2013

Champions can no longer attack or use any sort of targeted ability, and must rely on blindly firing where they last saw someone with skillshots, if they have any which a number of champions don't.

Yeah, that sounds like FUN right there.

Quarak

03-01-2013

haha yea thats kinda the point... being AOE or a long duration would be a bad idea. Single Target 2-3 secs would make a big deal in a fight, cause a Kayle to miss a clutch ultimate, elise miss a killing repel, idk just thought it would be a cool idea to neuter a champion at a clutch moment

The5lacker

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarak View Post
haha yea thats kinda the point... being AOE or a long duration would be a bad idea. Single Target 2-3 secs would make a big deal in a fight, cause a Kayle to miss a clutch ultimate, elise miss a killing repel, idk just thought it would be a cool idea to neuter a champion at a clutch moment
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so lemme highlight it for you.

THIS ABILITY ISN'T FUN.

Need me to highlight it more?

THIS ABILITY ISN'T FUN. FOR ANYONE INVOLVED.

This kind of ability would be horribly frustrating on the receiving in and boring as hell on the sending end. Nocturn's ult is a global ult, but the vision loss lasts barely a second and still allows limited vision. In addition, it's mainly tied into a massively long-range dash, which is where the meat and theme of the ability comes in. It causes Paranoia, as players can't figure out where the threat is coming from. Likewise, Grave's Smoke Grenade's main purpose is to make an area of denial that can either protect him as he hides in the smoke, or prevent enemies from farming.

YOUR ability is just frustrating, as it basically goes "You can just sit outta this fight." It completely locks someone out of a fight, and has absolutely no counter-play. None. Zero. Zilch. Nocturne's ult can be turned against him if you taunt him into dashing to a protected teammate, Graves' smoke is a fairly small AoE and can fairly simply be avoided. Your ability might as well just turn a player's monitor. That isn't fun. That's just annoying.

SephirothWontDie

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so lemme highlight it for you.

THIS ABILITY ISN'T FUN.

Need me to highlight it more?

THIS ABILITY ISN'T FUN. FOR ANYONE INVOLVED.

This kind of ability would be horribly frustrating on the receiving in and boring as hell on the sending end. Nocturn's ult is a global ult, but the vision loss lasts barely a second and still allows limited vision. In addition, it's mainly tied into a massively long-range dash, which is where the meat and theme of the ability comes in. It causes Paranoia, as players can't figure out where the threat is coming from. Likewise, Grave's Smoke Grenade's main purpose is to make an area of denial that can either protect him as he hides in the smoke, or prevent enemies from farming.

YOUR ability is just frustrating, as it basically goes "You can just sit outta this fight." It completely locks someone out of a fight, and has absolutely no counter-play. None. Zero. Zilch. Nocturne's ult can be turned against him if you taunt him into dashing to a protected teammate, Graves' smoke is a fairly small AoE and can fairly simply be avoided. Your ability might as well just turn a player's monitor. That isn't fun. That's just annoying.
while, I agree that this ability is anti-fun, the vision loss on Paranoia lasts 4 seconds actually.

Quarak

03-01-2013

Fair point. I dont disagree on any particular point, basically I just like the effect of those two abilities, I also disagree on the Noc Ult, I think the blindness is 100% more effective in a team fight than the dash, having the ADC not able to see his targets is gigantic, same goes for assassins with targeted dashes...

This was just an idea, all I was looking for was a way to bring more sight denial into the game because it has such a strong CC ability. and you bring up awesome points, total sight denial is probably a dumb idea, and I totally screwed up the time on it seeing as 2-3 secs is stupid long in LoL

Side note: nah man didn't need the second highlight lol

Cryoshell17

03-01-2013

...YeahNo...I don't want my entire team to burn flash just because they can't see a damn thing. It happens enough as it is with Nocturne anyway.