How a pick order of draft goes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltLongmire View Post
My recommendation is to pick champions that can be played in more than one role. I prefer tanky jungle/support types (Amumu or Sejuani for instance) with cc and at least some offensive capability; and ranged types that can go top, mid or bot (like Teemo or Quinn).

With champs like that, you can adjust in-game and switch to lanes that are really struggling. There are few things worse than playing Taric when the ADC has quit, or get forced bot as say Karthus and the support is afk.
First of all, Amumu/Sejuani are not viable Supports, don't pick them there.
Secondly, basing champ select on winning a 4v5 is silly and ridiculous. Taric without an ADC is no better or worse than ADC without a Support.

VeryFamous

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin the Hurt View Post
It doesn't matter who or what you play. Ever seen voyboy play? He is there because of his great game knowledge and mechanical skill. Just learn the game mechanics, everything else will fall into place
It doesn't matter who or what you play IF YOU ARE VOYBOY. Bronze-Gold players are not skilled enough in the basics to be playing odd champions in unconventional roles. Yes, you can get lucky and it "can" work. You are putting your team at a disadvantage for you to have some fun. Do that in normals, not in ranked.

Saying "It doesn't matter who or what you play" because voyboy plays unconventional champions in solo queue is like saying, "I can ignore the basics of basketball, and do whatever stupid, tricky maneuvers I want because I saw a PROFESSIONAL basketball player do that in PRACTICE. If you look at it that way it's a lot easier to understand how dumb it is to pick corki mid or nautilus top as a silver league player.

Play the champions in the roles that the meta says they should go in. You are not a professional, your "innovation" is just going to hurt your team more times than it helps them.

Unbeatabledeath

03-05-2013

ITS pick order...................................tell anyone who says otherwise to STFU................... yea its courtesy to let everyone pick roles that they are good at but seriously unless your in GOLD pick whatever your best at and be readly to carry your team hard cause SILVER and BRONZE players usually call ADC and end up with 40 CS.......................NOT all but alot of times.......

WaltLongmire

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
First of all, Amumu/Sejuani are not viable Supports, don't pick them there.
Secondly, basing champ select on winning a 4v5 is silly and ridiculous. Taric without an ADC is no better or worse than ADC without a Support.
You are missing the point. My point was that if you have already picked a lane and champ to play and someone AFTER you calls your lane and instalocks, or the team is a man down, you are better to have a more versatile champ than a less versatile one.

Additionally, if I were playing ADC and I were offered the choice of laning bot solo with 2 junglers starving each other, or an Amumu or Sejuani as support, I would choose to have the support. Likewise, if I am support and my ADC isn't around, I would be more effective for the team if I represented at least SOME threat to the enemy. But that's just me.

JoDari

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
They have to approve all permbans. And unorthodox champs isn't the issue, the issue is playing a champion that you know hurts your chances of winning.
You can't honestly tell me that you think that Support Kennen is better than any other Support you could pick, in terms of winning the game. Your personal preference of playing Kennen instead of say Zyra is vastly outweighed by nine other people putting winning the game ahead of personal preference.

Also, using "butthurt" in a rational conversation about social interaction pretty much implies that you don't care about other people's feelings in regards to your actions. It also means that you are a homophobe.
Calling somebody "butthurt" might be inappropriate, and imply that they don't care about people's feelings. But has nothing to do with being afraid of homos.

Besides your poor choice of words, I also highly disagree with your choice of slamming support Kennan. Would you scowl at your teammate for picking Annie, when Twisted Fate would give you a better chance of winning? Would you rage that your top laner picked Olaf, when Singed is clearly the superior choice?

Part of ranked play is winning. Part is having fun. If my teammate good-naturedly wants to play a support Kennan, tries his best, practices correct warding and general supporting techniques, then we are going to win bot lane.

JoDari

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryFamous View Post
It doesn't matter who or what you play IF YOU ARE VOYBOY. Bronze-Gold players are not skilled enough in the basics to be playing odd champions in unconventional roles. Yes, you can get lucky and it "can" work. You are putting your team at a disadvantage for you to have some fun. Do that in normals, not in ranked.
I have to disagree here. If you are a bronze-gold player, and you practice a champ at an unconventional role, then you will do well with him. Blindly following the META without knowing why you are following it is a pretty good idea. But practicing and figuring out what works for you, is a better idea.

VeryFamous

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoDari View Post
I have to disagree here. If you are a bronze-gold player, and you practice a champ at an unconventional role, then you will do well with him. Blindly following the META without knowing why you are following it is a pretty good idea. But practicing and figuring out what works for you, is a better idea.
I agree with you.

I think it is better to play who you are good with, and if you had practiced jungle nautilus or shyvana, (even though they aren't "as viable" in Season 3) i would prefer you play nautilus or shyvana, and not blindly pick Jarvan IV, Vi or Xin Zhao just because they are the meta.

However... It is another story if you are going to pick Jungle Soraka, or Jungle Sona, and have some strange "I can heal myself in the jungle, and heal my allies while I gank!" logic. These kinds of picks can be fun (maybe not these particular examples) but they should be kept in normals. I am happy for people who find picks like these picks, or top lane AD karma, or stuff like that, but picking champions like the examples i gave in those rolls is just trolling. You are straight up making your team play with a huge disadvantage, and that isn't fair.

Playing ranked is should to not only be a way of tracking your play, but also where you play "serious mode" and actually try to win. If you want to have fun and do troll picks sometimes (we all do) please keep your ADC Janna in normals.