How a pick order of draft goes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tucking Sits

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalek Hal View Post
Just don't do that in draft mode or ranked. I do believe the summoners code has something along the lines of "you need to play the role your team need." Just a thought for all of us to consider.
You can fill a role with whatever champion you want, no matter how unorthodox. You can't be banned for playing Support Kennen.

LogicalTautology

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da3daalus View Post
You can fill a role with whatever champion you want, no matter how unorthodox. You can't be banned for playing Support Kennen.
Try it out and see how that goes for you. I'd Report every time, and hit Punish without second thought in Tribunal.

PoisonedPeace

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
I pick what I want. If I feel like playing Singed, I am comfortable in playing him in any role that is open, so I pick him. If I feel like playing an ADC, if there is one, I will pick what I want and go to whatever lane is open. You literally can not be banned for this unless you are a ******bag during the game.
Everybody that downvoted this comment and told you how bad you suck is just butthurt. There is nothing wrong with you playing singed wherever you want.

PoisonedPeace

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Try it out and see how that goes for you. I'd Report every time, and hit Punish without second thought in Tribunal.
Riot has to approve all bans. They wouldn't approve any bans that are for playing unorthodox champions, and most summoners won't either.

LogicalTautology

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
Riot has to approve all bans. They wouldn't approve any bans that are for playing unorthodox champions, and most summoners won't either.
They have to approve all permbans. And unorthodox champs isn't the issue, the issue is playing a champion that you know hurts your chances of winning.
You can't honestly tell me that you think that Support Kennen is better than any other Support you could pick, in terms of winning the game. Your personal preference of playing Kennen instead of say Zyra is vastly outweighed by nine other people putting winning the game ahead of personal preference.

Also, using "butthurt" in a rational conversation about social interaction pretty much implies that you don't care about other people's feelings in regards to your actions. It also means that you are a homophobe.

Ballzofire

03-05-2013

Do your research. A counter pick only affords about a 7% higher chance to win. Easily countered by smart play. First pick should work with team, but if he wants a lane. Guess what.... He gets it. No point to argue with a system directly built into the game. Sure the summoners code says fill when possible, but at what point do you take your interests into account? If your first pick, and ur not just playing draft. Maybe you should just pick your best champ. The others on your team are most likely less experienced than you. So while people call roles. It is by no means set in stone. Try talking to your team, but be prepared for that first pick to do as he pleases. He is first pick afterall. If you dont like this then by all means go back to blind pick.

VeryFamous

03-05-2013

Some people treat this game like it is single player, even in draft and ranked. They just pick whatever champion they want, and go to whatever lane they want (or is available). YOU ARE RIDICULOUS if you think that this is ok. If everyone did that you would end up with a really dumb team. The reason it SORT OF works out for these people sometimes is that everyone else is that everyone else on their team are playing normal roles/champions and are doing their best.

If you want to play the game "however you want" then i'm sorry, go play a single player game. Go rush ravens in single player SC2, don't ruin a game for everyone else.

YoungGoN4v5

03-05-2013

It doesn't matter who or what you play. Ever seen voyboy play? He is there because of his great game knowledge and mechanical skill. Just learn the game mechanics, everything else will fall into place

Playful n Tricky

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRazor View Post
Just uninstall league, or follow advice. You're the reason people cant climb elo.

You shouldn't talk like that , take a look at the high elo streams and your will see people play whatever the **** they want up there including leblanc support , karthus jungle , adc solo top.

Maybe you should be the one to uninstall league for your general attitude problem.

WaltLongmire

03-05-2013

My recommendation is to pick champions that can be played in more than one role. I prefer tanky jungle/support types (Amumu or Sejuani for instance) with cc and at least some offensive capability; and ranged types that can go top, mid or bot (like Teemo or Quinn).

With champs like that, you can adjust in-game and switch to lanes that are really struggling. There are few things worse than playing Taric when the ADC has quit, or get forced bot as say Karthus and the support is afk.