How a pick order of draft goes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CiT0

Master Recruiter

03-01-2013

*i end up first pick*
Last Pick: jungle
ME: im probably gonna jungle
Team: he called jungle first let him jungle
* i end up support*

Next game:
*me as last pick*
Me: Mid
2nd Pick: I pick before you im going mid
Team: he does pick before you pick order> calling
*I end up support*

:'(

My Sack Descends

03-01-2013

Generally whoever calls the lane gets it. People call lanes because it's what they feel they're good at. (Or there's a new champ out...)

Honestly, I find way less trolls when I play draft. People actually play to win. Copy-paste your role as fast as possible and people will usually respect it.

Filet 0 Fizz

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sack Descends View Post
Generally whoever calls the lane gets it. People call lanes because it's what they feel they're good at. (Or there's a new champ out...)
I kind of disagree, because in silver/gold the order of pick matters. You cant just call mid and get mid. Not sure if im right but its supposed to be

Support
Jungler
Mid
ADC

People play draft to practice for ranked, and this is how its supposed to go.
I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sack Descends View Post
Honestly, I find way less trolls when I play draft. People actually play to win.
YAS!

DragnDave

03-01-2013

I pick what I want. If I feel like playing Singed, I am comfortable in playing him in any role that is open, so I pick him. If I feel like playing an ADC, if there is one, I will pick what I want and go to whatever lane is open. You literally can not be banned for this unless you are a ******bag during the game.

Dalek Hal

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
I pick what I want. If I feel like playing Singed, I am comfortable in playing him in any role that is open, so I pick him. If I feel like playing an ADC, if there is one, I will pick what I want and go to whatever lane is open. You literally can not be banned for this unless you are a ******bag during the game.

Just don't do that in draft mode or ranked. I do believe the summoners code has something along the lines of "you need to play the role your team need." Just a thought for all of us to consider.

Don Ring

03-01-2013

Quote:
Which is why I assume you're still in bronze. I queue dodge because of people like you.

QwertySweepin

03-01-2013

yeah the summoners code says to play a role your team needs but i feel like ppl in the first two slots shouldn't be picking non carry roles. insta picking top , mid or adc in the first two slots only gets you hard countered and its game make the hard for you. In ranked get countered is a big deal cause you want to have an even match so it comes down mostly to skill, it kinda ticks me off that when i try to explain this to ppl they get attitudes and then blame everyone else when they lose there lane. I also dont like that ppl barely ever swap.its there for a reason and if anything ppl in the top spots should be communicating with the the others players to see if they can swamp other roles so they dont give away who's going besides for obvious jungles and supports. iv been lucky enough be a part of a few really well communicated teams in silver elo last season. i havent had the same kinda of luck in S3 =/

Martyrofsand

03-01-2013

Quote:

Your 900 elo...why am I not surprised.

My philosiphy? I don't really care, I know enough champs I can go into any lane and fill any position and I really don't mind taking hard match-ups. This usually means I get support although I've been given other positions when the opposing team picks noob stompers, recently I was given ADC when the other team picked Draven/Taric as the person who called it said they really didn't want to face that as ADC and instead wanted to support. I've also been given mid against Kha'Zix, or top against Darius/Garen, apprently those are suppose to be some kind of broken and unstoppable...never gonna understand the mentality of so many people in silver. It's like the guy who claimed getting blitz was a free win only to get destroyed when I countered with support morgana.

My advice be flexable, it's a team game after all and you will win far more games being flexable and helping the team out than you will trying to force yourself into a position you feel your best at.

Also at low levels counters are pretty irrelevent. I've seen Olafs **** on Gangpanks, my Varius destroyed a Draven earlier. They can help but realisticly it only matters if you understand the match-ups and why it's a counter pick. Most people at low elos don't understand this, hell that game I grabbed morgana against blitz I had to explain damn near every detail to my ADC about why blitz wasn't a threat before she would tenatively venture out past her turret for CS. After I ate that first blitz pull with a black shield and held him in place with a binding she finally grew a pair and we managed to win the lane. We had the counter and the stronger lane, but the ADC didn't get it at first and nearly cost us that lane. You have to know the match-ups for counters to mean anything.

hue the hippo

03-01-2013

Quote:
This is why you are stuck at the bottom of the barely with the dead hookers.

Filet 0 Fizz

03-05-2013

Quote:
Just uninstall league, or follow advice. You're the reason people cant climb elo.