I miss Force of Nature and Heart of Gold :(

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstroZombie29

Member

03-01-2013

Updated Spirit Visage just isn't the same as FoN and removing HoG was just criminal... if the intended replacement was the Sightstone, they failed miserably


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2013

I don't miss how easy it was to ignore mages with FoN, and I certainly don't miss HoG for its reward for playing passively while making it harder break passivity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstroZombie29

Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
I don't miss how easy it was to ignore mages with FoN, and I certainly don't miss HoG for its reward for playing passively while making it harder break passivity.
How is Heart of Gold such a promoter of passive play when Philo Stone still exists ? Also, FoN was a very nice item agaisnt caster on tanks and all the stats were useful for everyone. Now spirit visage... you can only really make full use of its passive if your character has a heal or something... (which very few tanks/bruisers have)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2013

HoG made bursting someone down in a gank or committed fight harder while Philo Stone just makes trades and harass less meaningful.

Mages are already in a weak spot with this health stacking meta, especially burst mages. We don't need FoN back.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

War Wolf 6

Member

03-01-2013

I miss Ionic Spark and Warmogs.(it got nerfed again -.-)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Wolf 6 View Post
I miss Ionic Spark and Warmogs.(it got nerfed again -.-)
I thought Ionic Spark was cool, though over-conditional to the point few other than Shen could use it.

As I hate Bruisers and the Bruiser meta, I do not mourn the Warmogs nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by D32 AstroZombie View Post
How is Heart of Gold such a promoter of passive play when Philo Stone still exists ? Also, FoN was a very nice item agaisnt caster on tanks and all the stats were useful for everyone. Now spirit visage... you can only really make full use of its passive if your character has a heal or something... (which very few tanks/bruisers have)
It wasn't that it did that. It was that it just was too ****ing good.

Also, FoN is easily replaced by Runic if you don't like SV. Not that it really matters anyway since burst mages are still iffy after its removal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-01-2013

As a minor side note on Burst Mages, DFG is a far more awkward item to build than it once was.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosan

Senior Member

03-01-2013

I don't miss HoG. It was too good on non-support classes who already had access to their own gold streams and didn't need the extra.

Sightstone is very support-centric, since the "gold income" comes in the form of wards instead of damage or defenses, fills the same niche, andis far far better in terms of gold income in that regard than HoG ever was.

If you miss HoG and played support S2, then please explain why HoG is better than Sightstone.

If you miss HoG and played top or jungle S2, then please look in a nearby mirror, as you are the reason it went away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dark Kuno

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
As a minor side note on Burst Mages, DFG is a far more awkward item to build than it once was.

That's because the recipe now reflects it original intent as a late mid-end game item. It was entirely too cheap and easy to rush as a 1st completed item relative to its power.


12