Some jungling tips please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly GLHF View Post
It took many games for those commandments to make sense. It's not exactly a law but moreover a philosophy. Stay adaptable. Yet, realize why those 10 guidelines usually work. Even when your teammate is blaming you....junglers get a lot of blame. Grow thick skin.
I noticed that. Junglers are put under a lot of pressure and are usually used as scapegoats by the enemy team.

But yeah, it's good to stay flexible while still remaining firm to the basis of the rule.

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

6) This makes sense. I've learned through experience that LoL often rewards complimenting abilities and leads rather than compensating for things that are lacking.

By assisting a lane that is already steamrolling, you're adding to their already huge lead, and by warding, you can prevent potential ganks and counter attacks that would likely reverse the tides and give the enemy a powerful lead or counter balance.

That sound good?

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

7) Since mid is the quickest path to the enemy base, assisting it can not only greatly influence the outcome of the game, but it can also grant you a good boost in gold and experience. While I didn't think of doing this before, I can see why it's good. As for making yourself noticed in mid, it can have a number of benefits.

It can be discouraging to the enemy mid laner if they notice you in the lane, as your presence early on can force them to take into account that you might be sticking around to help mid, possibly making them believe they're now effectively laning against two champions, and may force them to play more safely, and getting themselves partially zoned. And you really may have been passing by, just to psyche them out as I just described. It can also lead opponents who take liberal use of the mini map to falsely think you're going someplace your not, allowing you to set up potential ambushes.

That sound good?

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

8) I get this. Especially given that the current meta is solo top, and that means not only an easy kill, but it also grants a gold and experience boost, and leaves the lane free to push unless the enemy team divides their manpower. This naturally offset the enemy team in the long run, especially if done very early in the game, as in before level six. If done before the enemy top is level three, that also makes the gank easier, as they will have less options to defend themselves.

That sound right?

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

9) This one could be tricky, but the jungler and the support are the ones most expected to be warding the map. The junglers the jungle, the supports their lane and dragon (although the jungler could do that too). By working together in locating and avoiding the enemy wards (I don't remember how that could be done, I think it was a potion of some sort), they can increase map awareness and get the upper hand on the enemy and counter ward them.

That sound good?

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

And ten. That really applies to everyone in the game. The best thing to do is just have fun.

TehomCD

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
The key to jungle is not give into the pressure of teammates asking for gank.

You decide when it is time to gank and where, not them.
I cannot upvote this enough. I've lost so many games because I give in to someone screaming for me to come for a gank right now, even though it could turn into a disaster based on the champion levels and whether their jungler/other lanes could be there.

About map control - I'd probably discourage oracle's elixir at low levels of play, since you won't sweep enough wards for it to be effective with its limited duration. Pink wards at specific chokepoints (bush at wraith entrance or jungle intersection after mid's gone down, dragon, etc) are probably stronger overall for map control.

The note about ganking top before 6 is because a lot of popular top champions can become ungankable once they have their ultimate and are too difficult to shut down at that point. Nidalee is probably the strongest example of that.

sammywolf

03-01-2013

I saw that you said you always start at blue, for some champs i guess but i would get the lizard buff for manaless or champs that almost always have mana (example shaco) then i go leash for wraiths, lizard and golems.

Mynx The Origin

03-01-2013

At this point I pretty much jungle exclusively with Skarner.

BayemonLoL

03-01-2013

This is just one thing I always remember and has been said before, but don't listen to your teammates screaming for ganks. Know your champion, know their capabilities, know if they can dive or if they need the enemy to be out and vulnerable. Also know if you are a damage jungler or support jungler (not official terms per se), do you like to tank damage or do it? Biggest #1 thing would seem to be a no brainer but you would be surprised how many people forget to........keep jungling, for god's sake keep jungling.