Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Mac Open Beta is Here

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xx Based

03-07-2013

Download always goes to 99% and wont go further. Any solution?

Shoots

03-07-2013

Need help it wont let me login, says wrong password and username even when i logged in webiste.
Help?

Lillanderia

03-07-2013

Finally! I can play at home on my computer instead of having to kidnap mom's laptop! 8D Oh, if only my internet wasn't complete utter ****. Ah well, maybe one day.
Anyways, I attempted to try out the new beta, but I had a bit of an issue; one I cant seem to find the answer for... Nothing too minor; Ya know, I just couldn't figure out how to move in game because whoever designed the computer mouse for MAC seems to have lost the right side of his brain, along with the "right click" button... Someone should eat him, but then they'd be stupid too.
WHERE'S MY BUTTON!? D8

Lillanderia

03-07-2013

Quote:
xx Based:
Download always goes to 99% and wont go further. Any solution?

If its a laptop, take it somewhere else with internet/wifi. If not, well, its kind of a "hit and miss" as stupid as that may be. My updates really like hitting 33% and 99% before starting over again... and again. You get the gist, no? =P

Lillanderia

03-07-2013

Quote:
RawAwareness:
I have a request for help. I have downloaded and installed LoL onto my Mac OS X; 10.6.8. I have played multiple games and the beta runs fantastically.

My only problem is that periodically when I put my computer to sleep the LoL installed in my applications folder no longer opens. I click on it and absolutely nothing happens, one little flash of it being clicked but nothing afterwards. No LoL launcher in the dock, nothing! I am forced to reinstall the game and then I can play it again... Obviously this is a hassle and I humbly ask for any expertise possible.

Thanks in advance Riot and Summoners!!

RawAwareness

Lolz, thought mine was just being a jack***

Crow91

03-07-2013

Guys no matter how many times i download it, it wont work, it says error on log, does anyone have any idea how to get it to work on an imac OS X?

Vuvlasaur

03-07-2013

its ok, shut this down, it doesnt work and it destroys the servers, go play farmville on your macs

ChickenWangster

03-08-2013

Any reviews on this yet?
Been playing on VMWare for almost a year now. Should I switch over?

Jack Hellstorm

03-09-2013

Was gonna ask, is this still only PBE? My friend wants to play on the same server

Johan

03-09-2013

Ok so I tried playing on the Mac client last night and it was a terrible ordeal. I'll explain why.

First, I have a 2008 Mac Book Pro with 4 GB RAM. I have bootcamp with Windows 7 which can only access 2-3 RAM because its a 32 bit OS. Its the same machine, so theoretically on the Mac side which has access to more RAM and disk space, LoL should run the same if not better? Nope. I also set the priority for the application using "renice" in terminal so it would run better...to not avail.

As I start a game, I can't click any buttons. I can't chose my skills or click on ingame menu. Okay. So I restart the client, force quitting it. I try to start again, I get a bugsplat. On the third attempt I can enter game and click my skills! Yay. However, after I set up my smartcast, video settings (to very low, no shadows like I do on my PC side), and map scroll and mouse speed...I find that the game is very unresponsive to when I scroll out of vision range (on unlocked screen), and I can not really see beyond where my character is. I never had problems like that on my PC side. Additionally, I get FPS lag of like 8-13 with same settings as my PC side...but on Windows I get 45-60 fps (after setting priority to highest in task manager). I have no other applications open by the way.

I really don't know what's going on, but I was really looking forward to playing on my Mac side. But as it stands, the game is close to unplayable. Can someone please shed light on why. By the way I also have been using Boompje's client for over a year and it plays twice as well as the Riot beta. I don't know why that is.