Too much to ask for games with no afkers?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaTurtle

03-01-2013

This is a plea to riot to fix the afk system. Too many games ppl afk. I belive a solution to make afk a very harsh penalty. Im sorry but when the afk rate is well over 40% of games there is a rampant problem. Its all i ask for is non afkers. I can handle feeders and a bad game, but i can not handle afkers.

ROKAF JE

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuard View Post
when the afk rate is well over 40% of games

Except it's not, and we all know it.

Castyr Minion

03-01-2013

^

It feels like it sometimes tho, lol

charnjf

03-01-2013

It wouldn't be so bad if 2 things didn't happen.

1st. Your wasting a ton of time waiting for the /surrender
2nd. Your wasting even more time because of trolls who say **** like "WE CAN STILL WIN THIS" when the odds of truly winning at that point are so small its dumb.

deirin

03-01-2013

ahhh that make me think of yesterday, the guys didnt connect for like 30 min on a 44 min game and like after the game his name wasnt on red after the game, because he reconnected for the last 3 min...

its a pain in the ass that their system is flawed

DogChurchill

03-08-2013

Perhaps harsher penalties is not exactly what we need.. Maybe something like the system they use to match players with the same skill levels. The people that afk more get put in games with people that afk just as much?

Jerjare

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogChurchill View Post
Perhaps harsher penalties is not exactly what we need.. Maybe something like the system they use to match players with the same skill levels. The people that afk more get put in games with people that afk just as much?
I like that idea. Honestly I can't remember if I ever afked. I definitely had to leave a game for various pressing reasons at times, though when I play League of Legends I really commit to at least an hour of time to guarantee I'm there for the whole game, even the long, tedious ones

There should be a real disincentive to it, though. It just feels bogus how easily one player can sabotage 4 other teammates. Though I've seen some amazing acts of sportsmanship in some games (where an opponent will actually 'hold back' to balance out the enemy afker). But something definitely needs to be done!

oNeffy

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
Except it's not, and we all know it.
I beg to differ.

Sicyion

03-09-2013

OK, as much as the problem of afking exists and we are all suffering because of it. You can't just say 'OH LETS BURN THEM ALL' and put harsher punishment on them. Why?
1) Many 'afks' are actually disconnection problems caused by what the summoners cannot influence; Internet failures, game crashes. And you ask to punish people who may have experienced those problems and so did most of us. Two days ago, when there was lots of crashes and dcs in ranked game, both teams got disconnected several times during the game, yesterday i got kicked out of the game and when i tried to come back, it didn't exist. So it is not always "afking:"
2) League is a game. We have players of various age, having different in real life responsibilities that might interrupt the game. You know, i'd rather have a 12 year old go afk for few minutes then tell his parent "to fk off" when they ask them to do something. You might get a call, you might have a sudden visitor, an emergency. The list of reasons why people might suddenly go afk is long.
But i don't think they should be punished for having to attend unexpected responsibilities. I'd rather have emergency flagging system so you can be replaced by a bot if you have such a situation. Ofc that could be used only few times a month or so, and you wouldnt get a full reward for using a bot.
Just an idea really, but I think something like this would be much more fair towars all of the players.