What was tryndamere's nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordVaktus

03-01-2013

I did not really understand fully.

DemacianDerp

03-01-2013

Prior to the nerf, his heal was a base value + some heal + 1.5 AP scaling, plus some more heal for every point of fury. Now, the scaling is tied to how much fury he has, so to get the same heal he could formerly get with no fury, he has to have full fury. It's a pretty brutal nerf.

Fs Son0fSilas

03-01-2013

^ brutal because AP Tryn was Unbalanced. AP tryn healing for 40% of his hp with 0 Fury...good nerf I say

Im S0fa King

Senior Recruiter

03-01-2013

He had been like that forever though. There were people that have been playing AP tryndamere forever. It just suddenly got really popular because some high-profile streamers (like the guy calling himself BEST AP TRYNDAMERE IN THE WORLD) started using him a lot. And therefore he got nerfed.

TehomCD

03-01-2013

Yeah, it's a shame for people who play something OP when the cat gets out of the bag, since 'hidden OP' stuff won't be nerfed until it becomes widespread. It needed to be done, though. His win rate was objectively too high based on a large sample size since he became popularized, and he was considered particularly toxic due to how frustrating he was to play against (effectively ignoring the enemy team).

LordVaktus

03-01-2013

How bad is it? Will it affect the wai I play AD with him?

ReMeDyIII

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVaktus View Post
How bad is it? Will it affect the wai I play AD with him?
It doesn't effect AD because this is an AP nerf.

Clandestine L

03-02-2013

the nerf only affected how AP scales Tryndamere's heal, if you play AD Tryndamere the nerf does nothing to you
I know these numbers are horribly off, but pretend they're right so I don't have to look it up
AD Tryndamere heal~
~low fury 100
~high fury 200
old AP Tryndamere heal (200AP)~
~low fury 100+200=300
~high fury 200+200=400
new AP Tryndamere heal (200AP)~
~low fury 100+(200x0% fury)=100
~high fury 200+(200x100% fury)=400
I know the formulas are wrong for that, but I can't be bothered to do the real math right now, and I think it gives you an idea on how it works
AD Tryndamere's unaffected

Kuryaka

03-02-2013

I believe the AP ratio is actually back to 1.5 when you get to 100 fury, so it doesn't invalidate AP tryn "entirely". First post was accurate.

That said, he now can't heal worth much until full fury, so it's way too easy to zone him, the only real reason he was so strong was being able to heal so much with low fury.