What happens with Hexatech Gunblade after new Patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkittleMuncher

03-01-2013

Riot recently announced that bligewater cutlass will be substantially changed with the upcoming patch (3.0.3). BW Cutlass will have

Recipe Changed: Long Sword + Vampiric Scepter + 200 gold = 1400 gold
Attack Damage reduced to 25 from 40
Life Steal increased to 12% from 10%
(also changes to active..please see

Although this is intended to affect BofRK in substantial positive ways, there is no mention in the patch of what will happen to hexatech Gunblade (built from BW Cutlass and hexatech revolver).

It seems that the Hex GB should drop in price with a drop in AD stats from BW Cutlass.. but what will happen to the usefulness of Hex GB?

Just speculation but i would think that the price of Hex GB should go down by 550 gold but (with regard to the AD component of Hex GB) there would only be 25 AD and 12% lifesteal (along with the various passives from BW cutlass).

Will they just keep the original cost and keep the stats the same?

BaronVonPwny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

I assume it will either drop in AD and price, or it will stay the same and have a higher recipe cost.

iRequiem

03-01-2013

nothing happens.

gunblade hasnt been changed at all. the stats you get are the same.

the only thing that changed about the gunblade is the cutlass recipe. the gunblade stats are still the same. so theres no reason to change the price besides the -200 gold thats added to cutlass.

3mptylord

03-01-2013

The recipe cost has been increased to accommodate the drop in price for Bilgewater. That extra recipe cost pays for the extra AD. The item is ultimately the same.

KaiSong

03-01-2013

Hextech gunblade actually loses stats in lifesteal which is odd now. I dont think items should lose stats when upgraded :\
edit: mb it got changed to 12%.