Noob Ranked Question:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaKiloGaming

03-01-2013

I am new to Season 3 Ranked and I recently won a match that awarded me "Bronze III".

Can someone explain to me what this is? In Season 2 there was Elo. I have been away a long time and feel very lost.

OH! Also, Thank you team that I just won with. I haven't played Skarner in forever and could not remember how to build him. Thank you for the great carry haha.

Yasei Doubutsu

03-01-2013

Instead of ELO there is now leagues.
Each "League" has tiers. 5 to 1 (5 being the lowest) as you play games you will gain and loose LP depending on how good/bad you did (that i dont like)
Once you play enough games you move up the leagues.
5-4-3-2-1 then if you win 1 you can move up a league.
You will never fall out of the league your in. Only go higher.
But you can Very easily drop down in tiers.

Yasei Doubutsu

03-01-2013

Oh also, There is bronze league, Silver, Gold, Daimond and Platnium. If you go higher then that there is Champion League where TSM, CLG and what not are i believe.

AlphaKiloGaming

03-01-2013

Thank you very much. Why did I go into Bronze III instead of Bronze V? One would think you would start at the bottom instead of the middle?

Yasei Doubutsu

03-01-2013

Oh sometimes if you win a ton of games in a row and do bloody awesome. It will literally skip Tiers for you.
Such as My friend went from 4 to 2. But lossed 2 games and went from 2 to 5. So be carefull.

Yasei Doubutsu

03-01-2013

And if you played ranked before season 3 it put you in corresponding League and tiers. Such as i was put in bronze 4. And another friend was put in Silver 2.

AlphaKiloGaming

03-01-2013

Oh coolio. Thank you very much

Yasei Doubutsu

03-01-2013

you are welcome. just be warned I have played many ranked games Some people are great to be with. However I had a game where My adc was drunk of his ass and Jungler didnt know what to do and top fed because "First time champ"
Since you are in bronze you will encounter people like this.

AlphaKiloGaming

03-01-2013

One last question (Im sorry! ) I checked my ranked tab and it still says unranked? How long before that changes to Bronze III?