Why do I play Teemo and get screamed at?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Backseatbunny

02-28-2013

I play Ranked but I can play every role if need be. So I pick Teemo top because Gankplank is my only other Top laner and he is boring. Traditionally, i get screamed at from the start of the game by angry team mates for even PLAYING Teemo. But that is fine, I know how to play my Teemo.

This last game, I build AD tanky teemo, my build is sick and I was pooping all over the enemy team like I do with my AD tanky teemo. But for some reason my support and ADC were talking so much trash to me. To be honest, all I told them was to not worry about me and it slowed down after I picked up a few doubles.

I just logged out of League but I think I ended that game with 12/5/10(?) I think 10. There were still talking trash in the lobby though. They were mad that I wasn't pulling the damage that AP teemo pulls. I don't like AP teemo because his short range makes him easy to focus and half the time I die in any team fights.

What is it about playing Teemo that people hate? I survive all my team fights, I put out damage even if its at a slower rate, and I can slow 3 targets at once.

My full build (Mercury Treads, Frozen Mallet, Hurricane, Blade of the Ruined King, Black Cleaver, GA) Hurricane gives me a good chance of full build most games.

Shelzin

03-01-2013

Wrong forum... You want general discussion or player behavior.

With that said... I too like Teemo... And yeah... The global taunt even effects allies.

***Side note*** Blade of the RK is about to be really bad ass on Teemo with Hurricane and BC also in the mix. OMG this is going to be nice.

Rinegar

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelzin View Post
Wrong forum... You want general discussion or player behavior.

With that said... I too like Teemo... And yeah... The global taunt even effects allies.

***Side note*** Blade of the RK is about to be really bad ass on Teemo with Hurricane and BC also in the mix. OMG this is going to be nice.

This is the player behavior forum.

vvigglytuff

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backseatbunny View Post
I pick Teemo top because Gankplank is my only other Top laner
Pretty much any champion can be played top lane. Sounds like you're just terrible at the game.

Afortuna

03-07-2013

First, i really like Teemo.
Second, he's a support. Playing him top isn't always seen as a good thing.
Third, last game i played Teemo top, i encountered the same treatment. Funny thing was, i pushed all but two of their turrets for the win. Thankfully there some apologies in post game chat.

Shelzin

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinegar View Post
This is the player behavior forum.
Pretty sure it got moved there.

oh... And botrk is still good on Teemo. Just not nearly as good as it was before the patch..