Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top v Elise

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balegan

02-28-2013

I am having a world of problems playing against Elise, I have tried with a plethora of champions but I just never seem to be able to beat her. I cant possibly be the only one that thinks shes a bit on the strong side compared to other champs, I have seen her baned or picked in nearly all of the LCS games in the past couple weeks so there's something nasty going on for sure.

Tips appreciated.

Yasei Doubutsu

02-28-2013

Stay behind minions most of her abilitys cannot hit you that way. Keep you distance. And you need someone that has a easy escape. Like a Ez or shaco blink. Or someone that can Stun her. She is very powerful on a one v one. Do not fight an elise By yourself unless your fed.

Balegan

02-28-2013

Quote:
Yasei Doubutsu:
Stay behind minions most of her abilitys cannot hit you that way. Keep you distance. And you need someone that has a easy escape. Like a Ez or shaco blink. Or someone that can Stun her. She is very powerful on a one v one. Do not fight an elise By yourself unless your fed.

I appreciate the effort, but none of that is any help. While I can stay behind creeps most of the time it also means I am losing cs, my biggest issue in most games is that while she wont kill me early on she will eventually just have double my farm and be able to all in me at will. Besides, there's really not many top laners that have reliable escapes.

Snipawolfe

03-01-2013

Play Rengar. Bring fort pot/ward/health pots. Harass with E at level 1. Pop your fort pot then leap from the brush with full ferocity and press Q twice to instagib her at level 2.

And from there you have three ways of going about the game
A) Kill her/deny her so hard that she's useless late game
B) Let her hit a decent late game and cry because you're Rengar and you're fairly useless then
C) End the game before late game by roaming and ganking mid/jungle with your ult

Edit: The same applies entirely with Xin Zhao. All in her at 2 with fort pot and kill her. Then be happy because Xin is actually useful late game.

Armstice

03-01-2013

She relies on you allowing her to set the pace of the lane. She pokes you with q in caster form till you are at about half, then proceeds to poke with spider q till you let her widdle you down too low to retaliate. Get MR. Since her damage is % based it has a bigger effect then you might think, and stick with champs that have sustain. Also, any kind of hard CC will make an elise cringe since it's that much harder to run with her e if she has to dodge an ability or die anyway.

Spald

03-01-2013

Against a bruiser, she's a very poke champion. Don't let her widdle you down to 50% HP for free. If she's playing aggressive with her Q in castor form, attack her early and force her to cs in spider form to regen HP.

Staying behind minions doesn't do too much. Her Q is targeted, her W is AoE, and her engages in spider form ignore minions. Don't rely on avoid her pokes.

CTElephant

03-01-2013

A good renekton is killer against elise. Ult when she goes in for the kill and you get her every time. I got shut down by one as elise top