Last hitting benchmarks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jason411

02-28-2013

So recently I've realized just how bad I am at last hitting. In a real game I'll have like 50 mid lane CS by 10 minutes. Which is bad.

But I don't know what's considered "good". I've been told if you're REALLY good you can get 100 CS in 10 minutes. But I'm not really sure what a good benchmark to work towards is. Any help here?

Fs Son0fSilas

02-28-2013

Every 30 seeconds, begining at 1:30, there is a minion wave with 6 minions. Every third wave will have a 7th minion. So, realistically if you can last hit every single minion in a single lane, by 10 minutes you should have 115 minions slain. This is not including jungle camps.

By no means is only 50 cs bad. It's something that takes practice. Because I am such an aggressive laner, my CS generally ends up being barely 150 by 30 minutes. There is always room for improvement. Keep that in mind.

A good bench mark IMO is not a specific number, it's whether or not you are beating your opponent in CS.

Kuryaka

02-28-2013

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...reep_Score.png <- is probably still accurate.

If you're godtier and somehow still want to farm over dominating lane, you can get 120 in 10 minutes mid. :P Clear wraiths every once in a while.

My gauge: If I'm beating the enemy lane in gold, I'm doing well. Maybe they're trying to zone me with spammed spells. If I can still get lasthits in, I'm doing well.

Especially with all that goes on in mid, there isn't a real number to shoot for all the time, but missing just 1 per wave on average is really good (96 at 10 minutes?). And that's assuming you don't go back to shop. I think this would apply more to top lane than to mid, as it's stereotypically a more passive farming lane with little jungle interference.

Jason411

02-28-2013

Hm. So basically as long as I'm beating the laning opponent in farm I'm doing pretty good?

That should be fairly easy to do a lot since when I play Twisted Fate I push a LOT. It's easy to use his Q to kill minions but that inadvertently pushes the lane a bunch. But I guess if they have a jungler that isn't ganking mid a lot or I keep it warded that wouldn't be all that bad since they're losing farm to their turret.

I've done a couple bot games to practice last hitting. Doing 1v1 on Summoner's Rift against a bot. Even without someone else in the lane I'm STILL only getting about 50 in the first 10 minutes. Because I miss my last hit opportunity a BUNCH. But once I get my Q up some and it's doing a decent amount of damage my farm starts to do really good. My benchmarks for the game were the following.

10 minutes: 50(Not the exact amount. I think it might have been a bit less)
22 minutes: 170(Roamed to top lane to defend my turret from huge clumps of minions while mid lane was pushed)
26:58: 244(Again I was roaming trying to get as much CS as possible before destroying the Nexus)

This includes taking Wraiths and Wolves a few times.

Now this was just a 1v1 vs a Ryze Bot that was bot lane. I saw him all of like 3 times before I kill his Nexus. So it was basically a free farm fest :/

Spam Waffle Taco

02-28-2013

You seem to be having trouble in the early game, then pick up the pace in the later phases.

Left click the minions to check their exact hp in the top left corner. Then look at your AD value in the bottom right. You can get really technical with your last hitting by waiting until the hp gets in range to last hit. Of course, staring at the hp number won't help you much; you still have to pay attention to other things (like your opponent, or how many minions are actually attacking your target, so you can estimate the hp before it dies)

Fs Son0fSilas

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason411 View Post
Hm. So basically as long as I'm beating the laning opponent in farm I'm doing pretty good?

That should be fairly easy to do a lot since when I play Twisted Fate I push a LOT. It's easy to use his Q to kill minions but that inadvertently pushes the lane a bunch. But I guess if they have a jungler that isn't ganking mid a lot or I keep it warded that wouldn't be all that bad since they're losing farm to their turret.

I've done a couple bot games to practice last hitting. Doing 1v1 on Summoner's Rift against a bot. Even without someone else in the lane I'm STILL only getting about 50 in the first 10 minutes. Because I miss my last hit opportunity a BUNCH. But once I get my Q up some and it's doing a decent amount of damage my farm starts to do really good. My benchmarks for the game were the following.

10 minutes: 50(Not the exact amount. I think it might have been a bit less)
22 minutes: 170(Roamed to top lane to defend my turret from huge clumps of minions while mid lane was pushed)
26:58: 244(Again I was roaming trying to get as much CS as possible before destroying the Nexus)

This includes taking Wraiths and Wolves a few times.

Now this was just a 1v1 vs a Ryze Bot that was bot lane. I saw him all of like 3 times before I kill his Nexus. So it was basically a free farm fest :/
There is a balance needed when pushing mid lane. Yes, it can be hard for many inexperienced mids to last hit under their own turret withoutt spending mana. However, remember that I'm pushing extensively you can actually begin to miss out in cs. A lot of times by pushing to the turret while the enemy is in lane, you inadvertently zone your self out. With an enemy minion behind or around their own turret your own minions will begin killing them while leaving them mostly out of reach.

In addition to that, you leave yourself very open to ganks.

It's a balancing act. Using abilities mid will almost always push thee lane too far. If you are able to actively harrass the enemy, make sure you keep them zoned out.

Mets2157

03-01-2013

I also mid with TF and I find it easier to farm with him than many other champs. Just make sure you mainly use your W to farm. I always have my blue card up and ready for when I'm going to last hit. It's just a basic attack that adds the most damage. And if you are trying to kill minions who are weak but too far, then your Q is a great way to take them out.

Hiryuu16

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuryaka View Post
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...reep_Score.png <- is probably still accurate.

If you're godtier and somehow still want to farm over dominating lane, you can get 120 in 10 minutes mid. :P Clear wraiths every once in a while.
It's accurate, but based on when they're spit out by the Nexus. Reasonably, you will need to wait 20-40 seconds for them to reach past their outer turret (mid is shorter than top/bot), so the cap is a bit lower.

In lower levels/skill tiers, people are more intent on killing you, so you need to be more intent on killing or not dieing back. That will impact your CS quite a bit, but improve as you and your opponents progress.

Vergil

Recruiter

03-01-2013

Sometimes it is very champion specific. Like I noticed for the first few waves it isnt too easy for an Anivia to Cs with her poopy Auto attack, but then she hits 6 with blue buff and take a free wave in a second. Some champions are just harder to CS with compared to other. It also matter on the lane itself. You could get caught in a 2v1 lane and then your CS is bound to be low, or you could end up in a lane where both you and your opponent are just trying to kill each other the whole time, thus missisng some cs. Generally like stated above it is usually just good to out cs your opponent. From what I heard though, 180CS by 20 minutes is usually very good.

Aliasear

03-02-2013

A good benchmark in general in regards to CS, is out CS'ing your opposing partner, but CS only goes so far.

You need to be as useful or more useful than your laning opponent during teamfights, otherwise, you "lost" your lane.

Sometimes securing a kill in a different lane and missing 10CS benefits your team more than you farming; With the kill, you put yourself ahead, you put your allies in that lane ahead, and you put the opponent you killed behind.

Definitely get all the CS you can, but CS isn't everything.