@Phreak Quinn Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

02-28-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
Never forget, lest we have a repeat of the disaterousYorick spotlight... =x
Which happened while I was away at the Season One World Championship. Man there were a lot of hurdles to jump in order to get that thing completed in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halkkirgamed View Post
But Phreak, the 2012 champion spotlights were much longer and extensive in content, about 8 or 9 min with those perks like you freezed the image and then used a bunch of arrows and explanations to how you can approach to that thing in a normal match, the last ones dont even have the recomended build, and just showing the skills takes half of the video away...

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbHGFazlpCA
I actually think I'm hitting about the same amount of in-game content. By not including item builds and using a one-version-fits-all for Runes/Masteries, the videos are just automatically shorter.

I tend to focus more on the core loops of how to actually perform the standard actions as the champion more now than before. Maybe this is leaving other things out. For example, in the Rengar spotlight you linked, "Hey dude don't stay in the brush cuz Rengar will keep leaping at you" is something that I'm not as likely to include today. Maybe I should. It's sometimes harder to come up with those types of lessons.

Lypíphera

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
For example, in the Rengar spotlight you linked, "Hey dude don't stay in the brush cuz Rengar will keep leaping at you" is something that I'm not as likely to include today. Maybe I should. It's sometimes harder to come up with those types of lessons.
While some, like myself, love to hear those lessons, there are still many who don't pay attention... My favorite is "Rule of thumb when fighting Singed: Don't case Singed", yet how many people still do it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOpT__qwjdQ&t=4m52s

Elbakro

03-01-2013

Quote:
The reason they got cut was because we were playtesting QV at the same time as an upcoming champion rework (Visual? Gameplay? Both? Who knows?! ) that we had planned to reveal by now, but aren't ready to just yet.
Oooooh, I like how you snuck that in there. Also please check this out http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3114375 , Thanks!

LOLBRBIDied

03-01-2013

Phreak. I love you. In a totally not wierd way too. You rock bro.

ChemoshofBones

03-01-2013

Quote:
There were actually a couple of snags that set us back on this one, unfortunately.

The first is that LCS takes up a lot of my time, so I'm not able to come back in for last-minute changes nearly as much as I was before. This is something we're looking to fix, but is a problem right now.

Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video. That one's my fault, I should have been watching more closely and made sure that went in.

The third one is actually really unfortunate as we had two different awesome team fights to show.

In one, Hecarim dives in, and QV Vaults away, puts a bunch of damage, and makes him run. QV pops ult, follows him around the side jungle (near Blue's Golem) and takes him out in bird form. This places QV right behind the enemy Lux and gets another assassination, making a 4-1 fight.

The other is basically the inverse. QV dives in with their ultimate too early and is immediately forced to Flash out, showing that the ult is more of an assassination move than an "it's a team fight just press it" ability.

The reason they got cut was because we were playtesting QV at the same time as an upcoming champion rework (Visual? Gameplay? Both? Who knows?! ) that we had planned to reveal by now, but aren't ready to just yet.

I definitely feel your concern, though. I loved how those fights looked and they had some great information in them.

Edit: And the OP is deserving of upvotes. You should definitely call me out if Spotlights aren't up to the quality you expect. Sorry we missed this one for you.
that last line forces me to do it phreak... why no jungle qv... gotta call you out on that man :].

Letler

03-01-2013

Karma?!?!?!?

Draaaaaaavén

03-01-2013

Quote:
Which happened while I was away at the Season One World Championship. Man there were a lot of hurdles to jump in order to get that thing completed in time.

I actually think I'm hitting about the same amount of in-game content. By not including item builds and using a one-version-fits-all for Runes/Masteries, the videos are just automatically shorter.

I tend to focus more on the core loops of how to actually perform the standard actions as the champion more now than before. Maybe this is leaving other things out. For example, in the Rengar spotlight you linked, "Hey dude don't stay in the brush cuz Rengar will keep leaping at you" is something that I'm not as likely to include today. Maybe I should. It's sometimes harder to come up with those types of lessons.
Maybe a thing to look at would be a potential team comp / lane mate that character X would fit into?

Try to push the idea of teams coordinating with each other, but also experimenting.

LBX Tonyb3

03-01-2013

Bump for knowledge about rework!

mrfiddles

03-01-2013

@Phreak Why were you rushed to finish the spotlight if QV isn't even out in today's patch?

Pitufito Dell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
There were actually a couple of snags that set us back on this one, unfortunately.

The first is that LCS takes up a lot of my time, so I'm not able to come back in for last-minute changes nearly as much as I was before. This is something we're looking to fix, but is a problem right now.

Second, we made a couple of small errors choosing clips to portray: I actually recorded Vault going over a wall during the introductory "Ability Demos" section, but failed to include it in the final video. That one's my fault, I should have been watching more closely and made sure that went in.

The third one is actually really unfortunate as we had two different awesome team fights to show.

In one, Hecarim dives in, and QV Vaults away, puts a bunch of damage, and makes him run. QV pops ult, follows him around the side jungle (near Blue's Golem) and takes him out in bird form. This places QV right behind the enemy Lux and gets another assassination, making a 4-1 fight.

The other is basically the inverse. QV dives in with their ultimate too early and is immediately forced to Flash out, showing that the ult is more of an assassination move than an "it's a team fight just press it" ability.

I definitely feel your concern, though. I loved how those fights looked and they had some great information in them.

Edit: And the OP is deserving of upvotes. You should definitely call me out if Spotlights aren't up to the quality you expect. Sorry we missed this one for you.
I really spected you to W behind wolves, starting from base (the small path on jungle), then Q to pull them, then E to go across the wall. Is a fun move to do!