If someone could please answer this for me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omicrom

03-01-2013

Hello League of Legends community there is something that has been happening recently that I can't seem to figure out. I am currently in Silver 1 and when I was at 0 LP i was getting about 15-20 points per win. As soon as I neared about 80 I started to get about 5-10 and when i hit 90 I got 3 points for my last win. What is going on and why are the gains getting smaller and smaller? It seems like I'm never going to hit gold.

People will say that it is my internal MMR but my MMR can't be bad because just yesterday I was getting 15-20 points per win but now my last 20 LP before i hit gold this happens? Why?

Thank you for your time!

Omicrom

03-01-2013

bump

Kirballs1

03-01-2013

Nor sure,just grind it out.

Omicrom

03-01-2013

Grinding it out wouldn't be so bad if the gains were higher than 3 because (not to jynx it here) I may lose a game or many, and have to climb back up again. I just don't know how I can go from gaining 15-20 LP to 3 LP in a matter of a day.

Omicrom

03-01-2013

Does anyone have even the slightest info on this?

Isdav

03-01-2013

If you progress through a league too fast the system will forcibly slow you down apparently...... copy/pasted from the official FAQ.
"Why do I sometimes earn fewer League Points per win when I’m close to reaching the next tier?

Since tier upgrades are permanent in the League System, you have to demonstrate you can maintain a higher level of play before the system will allow you to start a Promotion Series. In rare instances, this means that your LP earnings will be normalized until you meet this bar, so you may need to win a few more matches to trigger your Promotion Series. This is most likely to occur if you’re closing in on a spot in the Challenger tier, since you have to outperform a current member of that tier to be promoted."

So if your on a rather large win streak I would think its because of that, the only other explanation would be a weird luck string of being placed against nothing but weaker opponents, which is not "impossible".

Bolkain

03-01-2013

Maybe it has to do with the number of games you've played? I don't really know, but my brother has played alot of ranked games this season and so his gain had reduced by a lot after playing a few hundred. It has recently been coming back so you could keep trying, or just send a support ticket and ask Riot, I'm sure they will help. goodluck!

Omicrom

03-01-2013

Thank you for your responses and your time. I think Isdav's answer cleared everything up for me.