Rystra, the Viridian Blaze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SephirothWontDie

02-28-2013

this is my entry for the February mccc. the contest is over, so I made a thread for her.

Name: Rystra, the Viridian Blaze

Lore:

Rystra, a woman with but one hope: to catch the eye of the love of her life. She knew that he must be hers, ever since that day she met him, though she wishes that they had met on better circumstances. She remembers the day vividly, as if it happened moments ago. It was a dangerous, yet beautiful night. She received a letter the previous day, asking for her to meet him. As he described himself in the letter; tall, messy blonde hair, and a silver necklace he always wore. He also mentioned that he first noticed her as she often passed by where he always worked at a construction site. She was ecstatic, she could not wait for tomorrow. The name on the note called the man Wren.
It was a dark day, cloudy and raining. Rystra thought of it as an omen, but she stubbornly fought through the storm so she could meet this mystery man. As she approached the destination, she realized that she must be early. And so, she waited. And she waited. She thought about when she first saw anyone that might fit the description in the letter. The more she thought, the more she realized who Wren was. She just about passed out on the spot, realizing that this was the man whom she admired and adored from first sight. She pictured him, his child-like face, slightly muscular build, his piercing red eyes and she grew impatient.
Finally, she heard footsteps and became jittery, unable to stay still. When she saw the figure, it was not what she expected. She called out to the figure, asking it's name. Almost in an instant, the figure closed in on her, whispering in her ear, "I am that which you should dread." As she screamed out, she suddenly felt unburdened once more. She looked behind her and a man began wrestling the figure. As they exchanged blows, she became worried. She could not tell who was who, for it was too dark. She could make out the dark drips of blood coming from each forceful blow, unsure of if this meeting was a trap, or simply an inconvenient mugging. Finally, they were finished. The victor ran away with a limp and dark liquid dripping from his wounds. The other man lay on the ground, defeated. She looked to the figure on the ground, and saw he was bleeding. As she kneeled down, she began to feel her temperature increase. The man held his wound as she asked his name. "Wren," he replied, "I was hoping to see you face to face." His breathing became more struggled. "Hush," she told him, "everything will be fine." She placed her hand over his wound to stop the bleeding and began to shed tears. Then, she felt her temperature increase more. Wren screamed and pulled his hands away. She gasped and did the same. But it seemed as though the wound had been cauterized. She looked at her hands and a small green flame had appeared. With this, she hurried him away to give him better treatment.
Rystra was relieved. Wren would be fine because of her. She had wondered how long she would wait for this moment, but it could not have come too soon. Rystra was no one special exactly, but she knew what had happened. Long ago, her battle instructor had told her that she would never be a fighting woman because she was weak. Her emotions were too easily provoked, and she was useless because of it. However, she had told Rystra that there was a way she heard of to use her emotions for the better. She directed Rystra to a book, containing knowledge of powers beyond her imagining. The book was magic, and when she read it, her mind flooded with the magics that she had never heard of, nor recognized. The book she read said that her powers would need to first incubate and that her emotions were the key to releasing them. She wondered, how long would she wait? It took years of anger and passion, happiness and love, until her powers manifested. She supposed that her anger of seeing her love at first sight injured by an everyday thief was what finally triggered everything.
Years passed, and Rystra's repuatation as a healer was well known. Her and Wren ran a small clinic that moved from place to place, changing locations every month but always staying near the borders of the lands so that all patients may have access. Her and Wren were visited one day, by a cloaked figure that requested her aide on the fields of battle. The figure stated that she had heard of Rystra's skills and that it could be useful on the field where it was needed most. However, she was reluctant to leave her new husband. The figure assured Rystra that she would be able to come back and visit him from time to time, so it was not good bye, but rather it was until next time. Wren urged Rystra to go, she was needed else where. With a hug and a kiss, Rystra left to battle, unsure of herself, but refusing to second guess herself.

Stats:
Damage: 41.3(+2.65/per level)
Health: 340(+76/per level)
Mana: 255(+42/per level)
Move Speed: 330
Armor: 12(+3.65/per level)
Spell Block: 30(+0/per level)
Health Regen: 6(+.55/per level)
Mana Regen: 3(+.75/per level)

Abilities:

Innate: Hope in the Rain:
As Rystra remembers the day that she met Wren, she empowers her spells. Allies affected by Rystra's spells recover40/80/120/160(+.25)(ranks up at lvls 6, 11, 16) health over 3 seconds.

Q: Cauterize:
Rystra releases hot green flames onto her target, cauterizing their wounds. Target takes 1/2/3/4/5% of current health as magic damage, but regains 10/11/12/13/14(+.03 AP)% of max health as healing over 4 seconds and removes damage over time effects each time it heals.
Cost: 90 Mana
Cooldown: 12 Seconds
Range: 600

W: Burning Rage:
Rystra passively hides her emotions, giving her better control of her powers. She heals for an extra 3/6/9/12/15% of the base amount. However, her hidden rage can be concealed for only so long before she becomes angry from seeing her allies injured, causing every allied minion killed to give her a stack of Burning Rage and every allied champion to give her 2/2/3/3/4 stacks of Burning Rage. At 10 stacks, Rystra can activate this ability to become enraged, increasing her ability power by 10/20/30/40/50 and losing her passive bonus until the effect wears off. Lasts 4 seconds.
Cost: 10 Burning Rage + 40/45/50/55/60 Mana
Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 Seconds
Range: Self

E: Radiant Flame:
Rystra shoots a thin bolt of green flames in a line in front of her. Enemies struck take 30/40/50/60/70(+.6 AP) magic damage and the first enemy champion struck radiates an aura that cause other nearby enemy champions to be charmed to them for 1 second. May pass through allies, applying her innate effect.
Cost: 80 Mana
Cooldown: 13 Seconds
Range: 900

R: Viridian Field:
Rystra becomes stubborn beyond belief, refusing to give up for 4 seconds. Upon taking lethal damage, Rystra is reanimated for 4 seconds. During this time, she may cast Cauterize or Radiant Flame and is untargetable. She may also use this ability again to heal an ally for 40/60/80(+.4 AP) each second for 5 seconds. Allies within range are healed for half that amount each second they remain within range. Enemies within range have 50% reduced healing and health regeneration for 1 second each second they remain within range. Using this ends the effect early.
Cost: 120 Mana(Casting Cauterize and Radiant Flame cost normal Mana and casting Veridian Field after death costs nothing)
Cooldown: 120/110/100 Seconds
Cast Range: 750
Field Range: 300 Radius

Quotes:

Upon champion selection:
"To their aide."

Movement:
"Quickly now."
"To our allies."
"I'm coming."

Towards allies:
"I'm here now!"

Cast Q:
"Wounds, heal!"

Cast W:
"Stop hurting them!"

Cast E:
"Attractiveness upgraded." ~giggles~

Cast R:
"No, not now!"

Taunt:
"You can't kill them, but they will kill you."

Joke:
"Are you hitting them? Or tickling them?"
"You know, fire is a great medical supply, although sometimes, I catch myself on fire."

that's about all I got for her, tweaked slightly from the contest version. comment below and let me know what you think.

EDIT: expanded on lore.

SephirothWontDie

03-04-2013

bump

Moby the White

03-04-2013

Oh i remember this one clearly... the lore was decent but could've been better.

I'd work on developing her love interest first, despite it being love at fist sight lets develop her character more in that intro rather than dropping the L BOMB.

Describe her affair and love interest. Give vivid details starting out about what her lover looks like.

His dark hair short yet slicked back from days of hard work, Rystra had caught sight of him and within a moments glance was bedazzled. SOmething like that
this is just for starters we will work this out step by step

SephirothWontDie

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
Oh i remember this one clearly... the lore was decent but could've been better.

I'd work on developing her love interest first, despite it being love at fist sight lets develop her character more in that intro rather than dropping the L BOMB.

Describe her affair and love interest. Give vivid details starting out about what her lover looks like.

His dark hair short yet slicked back from days of hard work, Rystra had caught sight of him and within a moments glance was bedazzled. SOmething like that
this is just for starters we will work this out step by step
so essentially, the lore should be reworked? Im all for it, but you should just say so, cuz I dont do so well with lengthy explanations. xD

SephirothWontDie

03-07-2013

bump

Everything is K

07-05-2013

I honestly love this champion.
I especially love the E, which is a taste from my favorite champ, Ahri, only its an AoE, and I could see amazing team comps with this champ with Jarvan's Ult, Xerath, and other huge area effecting champions.

I have to ask for clarification on the W, I'm assuming it's any minion or champion that dies in her own vision, or is it slightly smaller or something?

Overall, the rest is pretty decent. The Q is pretty useful. This champion could be a very useful support to high risk taking carries. And that E is just icing on the cake.
I can elaborate more if you need me to.

Good job on this. The lore seems good too.

SephirothWontDie

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcaz Z View Post
I honestly love this champion.
I especially love the E, which is a taste from my favorite champ, Ahri, only its an AoE, and I could see amazing team comps with this champ with Jarvan's Ult, Xerath, and other huge area effecting champions.

I have to ask for clarification on the W, I'm assuming it's any minion or champion that dies in her own vision, or is it slightly smaller or something?

Overall, the rest is pretty decent. The Q is pretty useful. This champion could be a very useful support to high risk taking carries. And that E is just icing on the cake.
I can elaborate more if you need me to.

Good job on this. The lore seems good too.
thank you very much.

for the W, yes, any allied minion or champion within her vision range that dies applies stacks.

Im glad you like it, if there is anything else you can add, Id love to hear it.

Everything is K

07-05-2013

What I could add is you're ultimate could make teams comprised of after death champs like Yorick, Mordekaiser, Karthus, Anivia, Aatrox, Zac, and Zyra would be able to fight for days with you're ult and passive.

Even as a support, your champ can provide for your team with sustain in a team fight, and apply that reduced healing debuff that is oh so deadly. The other team would have to try to keep their distance and be wise when to initiate on your team. I would definitely look forward to playing this champ as support just to mess with the other team so much. c:

Just noticed you have a bit of coding at the beginning and end of your lore. I don't know how to fix that, but I'm sure you can.

SephirothWontDie

07-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcaz Z View Post
What I could add is you're ultimate could make teams comprised of after death champs like Yorick, Mordekaiser, Karthus, Anivia, Aatrox, Zac, and Zyra would be able to fight for days with you're ult and passive.

Even as a support, your champ can provide for your team with sustain in a team fight, and apply that reduced healing debuff that is oh so deadly. The other team would have to try to keep their distance and be wise when to initiate on your team. I would definitely look forward to playing this champ as support just to mess with the other team so much. c:

Just noticed you have a bit of coding at the beginning and end of your lore. I don't know how to fix that, but I'm sure you can.
oh, she is a very good support. she can provide for her team after death and that's what one of the challenges was for the mccc, to have an ability she can use after death or that proc's on death. however, a misplanned ult will cause problems if you die when it runs out or die before you can activate it. that is an issue with supports, they usually get targeted first, if not second. and since it only lasts 4 seconds, you better have good timing.

the idea for her, was to use flames to heal people, which I heard was impossible. I do believe I proved who said it wrong with this. but, Im glad it looks all good.