(Character Concept) Isamu, The Forgotten Samurai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CordsOfThought

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Sadly since the announcement of Yasuo I must scrap this champion concept. I have mixed feelings of the new upcoming champion. On one hand I am more than glad to finally see a samurai character make it into the League, but on the other hand I am slightly disappointed with the skills. Thank you all who took the time to read, review, and support/comment on this thread, and good luck!

I've had this concept down for a while and just wanted to fine tune it to see where I could get it to. If you see anything that should be changed or noted/mentioned feel free to let me know what it is and why. Not everything is tuned the way I want it to be at the moment as I am still going over the math and ability relevance.

I have posted this concept once before about 6 months back, and just decided to adjust it and fine tune it. Any similarities to other concepts is merely a coincidence.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Role:
Melee, Fighter

Stats

Damage: 55 (+2.65 per level) 100 at lvl 18
Health: 428 (+92/ per level) 1992 at lvl 18
Armor: 17 (+3.75 / per level) 80 at lvl 18
Attack Speed: 0.76 (+.025 / per level) 1.18 at lvl 18
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25 / per level) 51 at lvl 18
Health Regen: 7(per 5) (+0.6 / per level) 17.2 at lvl 18
Move Speed: 340
Attack Range: 125

Abilities

(Q) Virtue and Honor: Isamu Slices the area (small cone) in front of him with two successive sword Strikes. The ability may be activated twice in a small time frame with the second hit knocking the target(s) back.

1st Use: Slashes forward, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+.5) physical damage to all units that come in contact.
2nd Use: Slashed forward, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+.5) physical damage knocking back all units that come in contact, and healing Isamu for 18% of damage dealt. 9% from minions and monsters. If Isamu hits a champion with both strikes the heal will be doubled.

Isamu will target the unit your cursor is hovering over, or if no targets is present,
Isamu will simply strike the direction he is currently facing.
Cool Down: 11/11/11/11/11
Range: 170
Cone: 100 Degree Cone Angle
Knockback Distance: 75

(W) Rectify: Isamu dashes forward a short distance cutting down enemies in his path dealing 75/110/145/180/215 (+.7) physical damage to enemies in his path slowing them by 20/25/30/35/40% over 1.5 seconds.
Cool Down: 14/13/12/11/10
Range: 510

(E) Strength in Courage: Isamu gathers energy from deep within himself allowing him to use abilities more often, and strike with greater precision.
Active: For 5 seconds Isamu's basic attacks shred 2/3/4/5/6% of target's maximum health as magic damage.
Passive: Adrenaline rushes through Isamu making him hyper focused reducing his cool downs by 7/9/11/13/15%
Cool Down: 13/13/13/13/13
Range: 0

(R) To the Death: Isamu dashes to target champion challenging them to a duel to the death taunting them for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. During this time all of Isamu's abilities deal an extra 20% physical damage, Isamu's target will always stay in range for Virtue and Honor, and when Virtue and Honor is cast it will always cast at the taunted target. As in addition, Rectify will now dash through taunted enemy dealing an extra 1 damage for every 10/8/6 health they are missing, and ending To the Death.
Cool Down: 120/110/100
Radius: 600

Battle Hardened: After Isamu's life drops to below 50% he will start to take 15% less physical damage. This percentage will increase the more health he is missing up to 50% less physical damage taken at 1/4 life. (50% being the base). e.g. If Isamu's max life is 4000 the passive will activate upon reaching 2000 life of an effective 15% physical damage reduction. This will increase to a cap of 50% upon reaching 1000 life.
(Please take note that this is only physical damage, and not overall damage. Magic damage and true damage will affect Isamu normally.)

Notes:
- Clarifying: Casting Virtue and Honor during To the Death will make Isamu turn around and hit the targeted enemy even if you are facing away from them. It will not auto-cast both hits when clicked.

Recommended Build:
Essentials:
Attachment 633596 Attachment 633597
Offensive Items:
Attachment 633598 Attachment 633606 Attachment 633605 Attachment 633599
Defensive Items:
Attachment 633600 Attachment 633601 Attachment 633602 Attachment 633603

Lore: (Rough Draft)
That close to of an almost dying breed. Isamu is one of the few left who practice the art of Bushido. Once a martial part of the Ionion military, samurai are no longer able to maintain the foothold they once held due to the new rise in technology, and it's influence in war. Even still, Isamu had an unwavering loyalty to his lord. When the armies of Noxus' inevitable invasion finally upon them, Isamu's lord joined the forces of Ionia to defend their home, and as always Isamu followed, single handedly winning countless battles in the name of his lord. After a ravaging battle fighting back Sion and his forces, a messenger appeared before Isamu bearing grave news. His lord who he served with undying loyalty had been mortally wounded by a Noxian assassin named Talon. He rode back what felt like a millennium, but before he could get there his lord had passed away. With deep anguish and with an even deeper vengeance in his heart, Isamu swore he would avenge his lord's death, and he wouldn't stop until Talon and all of Noxus fell before his blade.

Soon after the Noxian invasion was contained, Noxus in his sights and vengeance in his heart, Isamu set sail to the Valoran mainland. After arriving at the docks of Piltover; reluctant but with a sense of purpose, he set out for the city-state Zaun. Isamu knew that Zaun harbored some of whom invaded Ionia, but he knew it was the only place other than Noxus itself where he could find information about his lord's assassin, Talon. Upon arriving in Zaun he knew he couldn't reveal who he really was, and even concealing his identity; he was greeted with far less than open arms. After weeks living on the streets of Zaun, and with his ear to the ground he soon heard of Talon's enrollment within the League of Legends. Isamu ventured forth grateful to leave such a malicious place. He traveled over the Ironspike Mountains, and across the Howling Marshes, cutting down anyone who stood in his way. Finally he arrived at the Institute of War where he met Master Yi, who he had fought along side with during the Noxian invasion of Ionia. Together they took up their swords with a resolute purpose: To avenge their fallen, and to put an end to the evil that is Noxus.

Notes:
- I am just using Bushido as a non-fictional reference. What Isamu practices doesn't necessarily have to be Bushido.

Emotes:

Champion Select:
"They will fall by my blade!"

Movement:
"At once!"
"With unquestionable loyalty"
"Your will guides me."
"As you command Summoner."
"My blade follows your will Summoner."

Taunt:
"Come, draw your blade, and I shall cut you down."
"My blade is thirsty, and you shall quench it."

Attacking:
"I shall cut a path!"
"Die with honor!"
"If death is what you seek."
"Find peace in death."
"I am your blade Summoner."
"I shall cut them down!"

Upon Killing Talon:
"My lord has finally been avenged."

Joke:
???

Activation of To the Death:
"Your fate has been sealed!"

Death:
"Honor... In death..."
"Forgive... me"

Performs Seppeku

Visual References:
Default Skin:
Attachment 633535
Secondary Skin:
Attachment 633537

Edits:
3/3/13
- Lowered the health per level from +91 to +83.
- Increased the passive cool down on Strength in Courage from 2/3/4/5/6% to 4/6/8/10/12%.
- Increased the slow on Rectify from 10/15/20/25/30% to 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Increased the range of Rectify from 475 to 510.
- Rectify now refunds 60 Energy upon hitting an enemy champion
- Incresed Strenght in Courage's active ability damage from 2/4/6/8/10% to 3/5/7/10/11%
- Added a rough draft for Isamu's lore

3/6/13:
- Took out Energy altogether. I wasn't able to make it work properly with cool downs.
- Put a 30% heal for both strikes on Virtue and Honor. This will give him sustain in lane and in team fights later in the game. Will also encourage players to be in the middle of the action.
- Lowered the range and added the cone angle on Virtue and Honor from 270 to 170. I didn't want too much range on it due to the new heal.
- Took out the extra 20% heal in To the Death, and added "Isamu's target will always stay in range for Virtue and Honor, and will automatically cast on target" (Look at notes in the ability section if confused on how this works.)
- Increased the bonus ability damage in To the Death from 10% to 20%.

3/9/13:
- Virtue and Honor no longer heals 30% of the damage dealt on each strike; instead it will heal 18% on the second strike, and if both hits hit a champion the heal will be doubled.
- Decreased Strength is Courage's active ability damage from 3/5/7/10/11% to 2/3/4/5/6%. (Thinking about changing percentage into true damage).
- Changed Strength is Courage's cool down from 10/9/8/7/6 to 13/13/13/13/13.
- Increased To the Death's cool down from 115/105/95 to 120/110/100.

3/13/13:
- Increased the health per level from +83 to +92.
- Added detail to Isamu's passive, Battle Hardened. If you think this is too much, or not enough please explain why.

3/14/13:
- Reduced the cool down of Rectify from 18/17/16/15/14 to 14/13/12/11/10
- Reduced the cool down of Virtue and Honor from 13/13/13/13/3 to 11/11/11/11/11
- Increased the cool down reduction passive in Strength in Courage from 4/6/8/10/12% to 7/9/11/13/15%

CordsOfThought

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

Up for trading reviews.

CordsOfThought

03-03-2013

Finished and posted the rough draft to Isamu's lore. Hope you enjoy.

MiaoLong

03-04-2013

I get what you're tugging at here, and it seems interesting, but his energy costs are far too high. Particularly, Recitfy and Strength in Courage. These two combined make it literally impossible to pull off a full combo without waiting 10 seconds for half your energy bar to fill up. The Cooldown Reduction from Strength just makes it a Cruel joke from there.

You can't even dash onto a champion and hit them with Virtue and Honor. The refunded energy is 5 less than what V&H costs, meaning you have to wait 1 second after dashing into the enemy face first before you can even pull off a semi-combo, and this is from full energy! In the game, would not be afraid of Isamu as a champion at all, knowing that he can only pull off two abilities at most within any given 20 second period!

My recommendation would be to do away with the energy altogether and make hin either a resourcelss champion or a mana-based champion. Adjust the values to account for hte increased spammablilty, and you're golden. This guy is already a sustainless AD caster with no range and a short dash. no need to shackle him with obscene energy costs as well.

CordsOfThought

03-04-2013

Rectify and Strength in Courage together only cost 150, and only 90 if you hit a champion with Rectify. I should have updated Virtue and Honor, so there wouldn't be confusion. My intention was that Virtue and Honor would only cost Energy for the first activation not both. The refunded energy from Rectify is supposed to be a bit less than V&H for the reason if you miss your target you are slightly punished for missing the skill shot.

They way you wrote seems to me you might have forgotten energy users have 200 base energy? I have thought of taking away his energy use altogether and make him rely on cool downs, but that won't happen until I tweak with the cool down/energy math which I will do tonight. I'm hoping there is a way where I can get him to combo 3 times with a 25-40% CDR without hindering from his base cool downs. It's a long shot but I hope it will work. I will also be incorporating a heal into V&H whether it's flat or percentage I won't know until tonight. Thanks for the feedback. Made me take a more in-depth look into the energy consumption. Right now the numbers are just estimated averages from other energy users. Also makes me more inclined to take away the energy all together.

MiaoLong

03-04-2013

lol sh*t. It's been too long since I've played Shen. I used to main him, so I should've known.

That said, I'm still not entirely sure that energy adds much to the champion. Strength in Courage seems to give him an extremely good auto-attack base anyways to fall back on once he's low on energy. Energy Champions usually are punished more for being out of energy and do so easily, making energy management an impetus of their kit, but he doesn't seem to need it much with such a low cost, powerful E autoattack to fall back on. This tells me energy's sole purpose in his kit is to punish him for missing his dash, which never really feels good and and can be made clearer.

What you could do is remove the energy, then modify his dash so that it's cooldown is reduced by say, 60% if it hits an enemy champion. This could make the intended purposes of his kit a little more clear, and perhaps improve the clarity of his kit.

CordsOfThought

03-06-2013

Made some major changes to Energy, and Virtue and Honor. Criticism is always welcome.

Gehog

03-06-2013

This is unbelievably amazing. I'd highly suggest making a model.

CordsOfThought

03-06-2013

Thanks mate, it's appreciated. I'm actually hoping to get a commission done by a friend of mine (great artist), but it may take awhile.

ElementSteel

03-09-2013

Quote:
(Q) Virtue and Honor: Isamu Slices the area (small cone) in front of him with two successive sword Strikes. The ability may be activated twice in a small time frame with the second hit knocking the target(s) back.

1st Use: Slashes forward, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+.5) physical damage to all units that come in contact, and healing Isamu for 30% of damage dealt. 10% from minions and monsters.
2nd Use: Slashed forward, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+.5) physical damage knocking back all units that come in contact, and healing Isamu for 30% of damage dealt. 10% from minions and monsters.

Isamu will target the unit your cursor is hovering over, or if no targets is present,
Isamu will simply strike the direction he is currently facing.
Cool Down: 13/13/13/13/13
Range: 170
Cone: 100 Degree Angle
Knockback Distance: 75
Alright, so it functions similar to Riven's Broken Wings then. I see that this gives Isamu sustain, although I'm not sure if this means that lifesteal would be needed on him or not. I like the knockback, giving Isamu the ability to escape somewhat. Virtue and Honor seem to work, but if I had to find a gripe with it, it would be I'm not sure about the healing portion. It's fine, I guess. Just not sure if it would be too much if someone actually got lifesteal as well.

Quote:
(W) Rectify: Isamu dashes forward a short distance cutting down enemies in his path dealing 75/110/145/180/215 (+.7) physical damage to enemies in his path slowing them by 20/25/30/35/40% over 1.5 seconds.
Cool Down: 18/17/16/15/14
Range: 510
Gap closer...could easily combo with Virtue and Honor to effectively get in and then get out. This works, especially with the slow helping out as well. Cooldown seems kind of long through, maybe reduce by 5 all around? I really have nothing to say about this besides that it works and synergizes with the kit.

Quote:
(E) Strength in Courage: Isamu gathers energy from deep within himself allowing him to use abilities more often, and strike with greater precision.
Active: For 5 seconds Isamu's basic attacks shred 3/5/7/10/11% of target's maximum health as magic damage.
Passive: Adrenaline rushes through Isamu making him hyper focused reducing his cool downs by 4/6/8/10/12%
Cool Down: 10/9/8/7/6
Range: 0
Ah, so that's why the cooldowns are relatively long...eh, I'd still say to reduce 'em by at least 3 though. Anyway, OH DEAR. Uh...right...where's my calculator....Right! So if this guy had maxed attack speed and managed to hit every attack during this time (which I find to be easy since you can easily control someone's position with both Virtue and Honor as well as Rectify), it's more than a guaranteed kill! I personally do not like this ability, it seems like it's too strong considering he can act like glue. Maybe reduce the %health dealt?

Quote:
(R) To the Death: Isamu dashes to target champion challenging them to a duel to the death taunting them for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. During this time all of Isamu's abilities deal an extra 20% physical damage, Isamu's target will always stay in range for Virtue and Honor, and will automatically cast on target. As in addition, Rectify will now dash through taunted enemy dealing an extra 1 damage for every 10/8/6 health they are missing, and ending To the Death.
Cool Down: 115/105/95
Radius: 600
Eh...You've just murdered an AP caster, congratulations. Considering this is essentially a silence because of the taunt, and they're getting into your attack range, this kind of makes people like Annie, Brand, Malzahar, etc. your b itch. Also, when you say automatically cast V&H, does that cost anything? I will say that Rectify now sounds like a decent finisher with To The Death going though.

Quote:
Battle Hardened: After Isamu's life drops to below 50% he will start to take less physical damage the more health he is missing (50% being the base) up to a set amount
Next time, please put the innate on top >.<;;
Alright, so he can thrive at lower health...Hello Maw of Malmortius! It's alright, similar to other low-health passives, but different enough.

Quote:
Lore: (Rough Draft)
That close to of an almost dying breed. Isamu is one of the few left who practice the art of Bushido. Once a
martial part of the Ionion military, samurai no longer able to maintain the foothold they once held due to the
new rise in technology, and it's influence in war. Even still, Isamu had an unwavering loyalty to his lord.
When the armies of Noxus' inevitable invasion finally upon them, Isamu's lord joined the forces of Ionia to
defend their home, and as always Isamu followed, single handedly winning countless battles in the name of his lord.
After a ravaging battle fighting back Sion and his forces, a messenger appeared before Isamu bearing grave news.
His lord who he served with undying loyalty had been mortally wounded by a Noxian assassin named Talon. He rode
back what felt like a millennium, but before he could get there his lord had passed away. With deep anguish and with
an even deeper vengeance in his heart, Isamu swore he would avenge his lord's death, and he wouldn't stop until
Talon and all of Noxus fell before his blade.

Soon after the Noxian invasion was contained, Noxus in his sights and vengeance in his heart, Isamu set sail to the
Valoran mainland. After arriving at the docks of Piltover, he set out for the city-state Zaun where he knew he
could find some answers as to the whereabouts of his lord's assassin. Upon arriving in Zaun with less than open arms,
he soon heard of the League of Legends, and Talon's enrollment within the League. Isamu ventured forth over the
Ironspike Mountains, and across the Howling Marshes, cutting down anyone who stood in his way. Finally he arrived at
the Institute of War where he met Master Yi, who he had fought along side with during the Noxian invasion. Together
they took up their swords with a resolute purpose: To avenge their fallen, and to put an end to the evil that is Noxus.
Hrm...Talon's a pretty meh assassin to be identified like that, I feel. I'm not sure I like how Isamu just goes to Zaun for information. I mean, the place is home to some of the more destructive people during the Ionian-Noxus War (Lookin' at you Singed...). I just feels like he would want to avoid that place like the plague. Overall, standard Ionian revenge story. It works, since it gives Isamu a reason to be a part of the League.