Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTechSupport

02-28-2013

Love playing support, as nothing is more satisfying than allowing your carry to become a beast and allowing you to rack up those assists. Just lacking a strong guide that will give me a good generic item build. Looking for some help.

Also looking for suggestions on good support champions. Currently interested in Sona, Janna, and Lulu.

noxToken

02-28-2013

This guide has a pretty standard build for non-tank supports.Aegis, shurelya's and mik's are pretty much core across all support builds.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...a-tl-dr-130139

Supafly GLHF

02-28-2013

there is also: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=27033

Delingar

02-28-2013

I'm a support person too, and primarily play Sona and Lulu with some Zyra.

Sona I find very easy (since her skills can self target)and she's a very 'traditional' support person in my eyes, meaning she heals, she shields and she buffs run speed. She has a nice poke which is great at chipping away at enemy hp while your ADC is farming.

Lulu is a bit "trickier" in that you have to target your skills and they have very diff effects on your enemies versus your allies. From a functional standpoint, it's like having an extra two skills since W and E act diff depending on the target. She has a shield but also a very awesome poke/slow skill on Q which can really help your ADC get kills. Her alt can be a tremendous impact on a team fight, saving an ailing teammate and knocking back/slowing enemies.

Buunny

02-28-2013

Support was my first role and one of my favorites

I have: Janna, Sona, Nami, and Soraka

Sona would be the easiest

Janna is actually an excellent support however she is a bit more difficult to use than all the others

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Nami, she's also an excellent support. Her W can bounce a spell back and forth between allies and enemies, healing allies, damaging the enemies.

iTechSupport

02-28-2013

Thank you all so much. Your support is greatly appreciated. Also, what do you think about Shard of True Ice? I think having that paired with Shurelya's and you have a pretty good initiation/escape combo. Both also have pretty low cooldowns.

TehomCD

02-28-2013

Depends on the support - for supports who are normally tanks (Taric, Leona, Alistar - basically supports with melee-range autoattacks), you often need to build survivability immediately, or right after philosopher's stone, and won't have time to build kage's lucky pick. Mana-hungry supports like Nami or Sona could build Shard of True Ice, or build Chalice of Harmony to eventually finish into Mikael's crucible. I like Shard a lot if you have someone who will dive onto the enemy team.