[Suggestion] Reporting and Vote booting in champion select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OutlawStarx2

02-28-2013

Ok I get it, you want every one to play the champs they want to play, and if that means sub optimal then so be it, but there are plenty of other reasons a game shouldn't be played.

So I suggest that it should be allowed to vote to boot a single player from a game at the champion selection for reasons such as AFK, refusing to communicate, and Mistaken champion pick. sometimes I mispick a champ and I play one I haven't before)

For the reasons above all of the other players need to vote yes to boot the player aside for the last reason where all 5 need to vote yes. And there is no penalty but you can only vote boot once every hour (or every 3 hours), so if some one has voted before the amount of time has passed, that isn't the person being booted, then can't be done

the second part is report Booting which can be done as many times as necessary however still requires everyone to vote yes. So if some one is spamming or being inappropriate, and it is expected to continue then that player can be removed from the game with a time penalty, and a report to the tribunal. Players in that lobby will be given an id number to report and post screen shots.

anyone like the idea?

Arcticfury

03-01-2013

Reporting yes, kicking NO!

OutlawStarx2

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
Reporting yes, kicking NO!
3 things

1) please elaborate on opinions so I might better improve the idea

2) you want to go into a game with some one who is afk?

3) Bump!

Huntergv

03-03-2013

There needs to be a system, particularly in the PBE in which players could claim their desired roles in chat (as the often do) and can go the places they want w/o being trolled. Right now people decide they are going to "mid" or "adc" whilst other will literally claim it in chat and pick their character. When the game starts the troll(s) still go to that lane even if the person that called it is there and has confirmed to want to be there.

It's just such a pain to deal with all these people that just won't conform. I'm always forced to so games don't go the way my last one did, 4 man bot until 8 minutes with an enemy Fizz free-farmed carrying the entire game.

OutlawStarx2

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergv View Post
There needs to be a system, particularly in the PBE in which players could claim their desired roles in chat (as the often do) and can go the places they want w/o being trolled. Right now people decide they are going to "mid" or "adc" whilst other will literally claim it in chat and pick their character. When the game starts the troll(s) still go to that lane even if the person that called it is there and has confirmed to want to be there.

It's just such a pain to deal with all these people that just won't conform. I'm always forced to so games don't go the way my last one did, 4 man bot until 8 minutes with an enemy Fizz free-farmed carrying the entire game.
Well, Riot doesn't really believe in a solid meta game, It's bound to change as Pros come up with new ideas, and as such they believe that people should be able to choose sub optimal team compositions. you can't force people to conform.

What's PBE? Pick By Element?

There is a flaw in Calling picks, that's because people can counter pick. So people tend to insta call their role despite their order in line and the first person picks mid and is countered and can't farm well.

Then there is also the fact some people don't know how to do certain roles. Me for example I can't AD tank Jungle (I can do all other roles). My only jungler is Fidd. and not everyone has all the champs. I certainly don't.

When it comes to trolls like what you were talking about there are only 2 thing you can do and that's Dodge the game or to man up and make the best of a bad situation. But if there is a voting mechanic with 4/5 majority vote and other limitations then people can avoid the worst situations and still not have people try to fixed games in their favor(like riot avoids with the time penalty)

LeoVonNewton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

There is currently a well laid out plan of this idea on another forum with an available poll on whether or not it should be implemented.

The following link will direct you to that thread and allow you to show your support for the idea in one place rather than having many of the same suggestion threads with little support each spread out.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3185435

If there is a problem with this link, the name of the thread is:[Suggestion] Pre-Rooting out "Toxic Players."

---LeoVonNewton

OutlawStarx2

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoVonNewton View Post
There is currently a well laid out plan of this idea on another forum with an available poll on whether or not it should be implemented.

The following link will direct you to that thread and allow you to show your support for the idea in one place rather than having many of the same suggestion threads with little support each spread out.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3185435

If there is a problem with this link, the name of the thread is:[Suggestion] Pre-Rooting out "Toxic Players."

---LeoVonNewton
Cool reading now, but this thread was up first, just thought i'd put that out there

OutlawStarx2

03-06-2013

I normally hate doing this but...

Bump ^_^

OutlawStarx2

03-07-2013

Last time I promise

Bump

BlazingKore

03-07-2013

I actually like both ideas. At first, I was only for reporting, but the system about kicking seems alright/fair/reasonable, too...