Complaints about smurfs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZioticX

02-28-2013

Why do so many people complain about smurfs? When I first started (i didn't ever play bot games) i had no clue what smurfs were. When i was defeated in a game (basically dominated by a land slide) I was never like "omg not fair!!' I learned and progressed. And right now I think I'm a really good player tbh, because I was matched against smurfs. I learned advanced tactics, how to harrass safely, objectives, ward placements, and much much more.

Next time you play against a smurf, don't look at how badly they are beating you, look at how they are doing it, and learn from them.

AlyCat103

02-28-2013

Most players that complain about smurfs don't complain because they got beaten. They complain about smurfs because they (smurfs) rage, blame, whine and ***** about how 'bad' all of their low level, inexperienced teammates are, and boast about how great they are.

Jakrooski

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyCat103 View Post
Most players that complain about smurfs don't complain because they got beaten. They complain about smurfs because they rage, blame, whine and ***** about how 'bad' all of their low level, inexperienced teammates are, and boast about how great they are.

what that is, is a self absorbed troll who hates everything not a lowbie who likes raging.

I dislike smurfs alot when i lose and their is a smurf i try not to get upset because well there smurfs what can you do? sure you learn more from losing but i garuntee you like winning more. when i get destroyed by a smurf my mentality dies and i take a break from the game wandering why people smurf? just to have fun or can they not play against other level 30s? or are they changing their name? when i lose to smurf i don't blame the team or anything i know smurfs are better because they are smurfs like today a smurf was owning us for his team but he got way to cocky and self absorbed while boasting we killed him and won...felt good i must say. i for 1 would love to "think of it like an advanced lesson" as most smurfs tell me as the beat my to death in a match but i just can't get over the question "why smurf" why not play against people that can fight you?

Imo

kungfuhustle44

02-28-2013

Quote:
Most players that complain about smurfs don't complain because they got beaten. They complain about smurfs because they rage, blame, whine and ***** about how 'bad' all of their low level, inexperienced teammates are, and boast about how great they are.
Agreed. Nothing is more obnoxious than a player who complains about skill level and boast about his or her own. There is a level where it is acceptable (feeding) however the players who i can immediately identify as smurfs usually fall into the first category.

Kuryaka

02-28-2013

Eh, I've also seen a few people complain on forums about losing games/being useless/not wanting to go into PvP because of smurfs.

It's not just their attitude, it's your mindset as well. Think of it as practice for ranked chat/flaming, and you'll get a good idea of what happens in this game, sadly.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Yeah, I never even heard of smurfs until after I no longer considered myself a new player. I certainly never blamed losses on them.

I think it's similar to how ragers work - nothing is ever their fault. Someone else can always be found to blame, whether it's a "bad" on their team, or a "smurf" on the other - clearly, it's not them who needs to improve anything, so it the reason for their loss must be externalized.

Sukh01

03-01-2013

Quote:
Most players that complain about smurfs don't complain because they got beaten. They complain about smurfs because they (smurfs) rage, blame, whine and ***** about how 'bad' all of their low level, inexperienced teammates are, and boast about how great they are.
Nailed it.
Smurf make you think you are working on a job, tells you to go jungle when you are a new player can destroy you (from other threads about), or tells you to go support and he thinks you know what a support do, and if he engages, you engage too, you get killed = rage, he gets killed = rage, both = ragex3, if you don't engage = rage, etc.

If smurfs would be kind and nice, I think there would be less threads about that.

Ill Darkistino

03-01-2013

I think there are a lot of nice smurfs, but no one realizes they are smurfing. It's one of those situations where you can only see the bad, and not the good.

Astarandel

03-01-2013

Lets face it - half the smurfs are smurfing, because their main account got banned for whatever reason. If you get banned, it's usually cause you fail to follow the rules. Toxic behaviour is the main reason people get banned, therefore there is a minimum percentage of 50% for the smurf in your team to show a horrible attitude. That's a good enough reason to not like smurfs.

bronzeager

03-01-2013

smurfs kind of ruin this game for me. enemy team, my team. friendly whatever. it's just annoying. i've been playing the game for a month, and anytime I ask if anyone on my team is smurfing, half or more admit to having a level 30 account. i'd have to assume the enemies are the same.

most of the time when i get owned in lane, i don't blame it on a smurf (unless it's completely obvious that they have serious next level skills). but it's really dispiriting. i feel like i'm the only terrible player at this game a lot of the time.