Taric - a minor boost?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chained Power

03-02-2013

he got buffs just this patch.

he doesn't need more.

Not only that, he might've had a useless passive before, but now the fact he can do much more is pretty annoying. Oh, and Muramana Taric is well, amazing.

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2013

What Riot did to Taric, seen that a nerf wasnt going to get him balanced, they are trying to get Taric out of the bot lane, and try to make him viable in other lanes, like Top and Jungle. His new passive, and Shatter scaling out of armor are very good steps. Why? because nowadays, supports dont have the money to buy more armor that Runic Bulwark, and that is because of its aura. Armor has become more expesive, so New Taric cant buy armor in high amounts as a support, put him in jungle or Top, and give him more damage so he can compete. Also, nerf his support capabilities by taking out his old passive (mana restoration on AAs, that went very well with Q's CDR on AAs) and modifing his old Shatter aura to scale, so he needs armor.

DeadFish

03-02-2013

I see taric more than baron nashor in games

Jabartos

03-02-2013

Taric received a major buff this last patch to his non-support positions.

Before this patch, AP Taric was viable as a solo-top if you knew what you are doing.

Because of this patch hybrid Taric is ridiculously strong. I tested a build today using support masteries and was able to auto-attack for about 820 damage.

Xela Syab

03-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluug View Post
What Riot did to Taric, seen that a nerf wasnt going to get him balanced, they are trying to get Taric out of the bot lane, and try to make him viable in other lanes, like Top and Jungle. His new passive, and Shatter scaling out of armor are very good steps. Why? because nowadays, supports dont have the money to buy more armor that Runic Bulwark, and that is because of its aura. Armor has become more expesive, so New Taric cant buy armor in high amounts as a support, put him in jungle or Top, and give him more damage so he can compete. Also, nerf his support capabilities by taking out his old passive (mana restoration on AAs, that went very well with Q's CDR on AAs) and modifing his old Shatter aura to scale, so he needs armor.
Taric was my first support champ and taught me how supports are supposed to be played. All they did with this rework was make his itemization way more difficult, pretty much have to rush frozen heart/randuins first before aegis or shurelias. I'm ok with the rework I'm just annoyed that there isn't any attack speed support options out there or attack speed mana/mana regen options out there besides trinity force and theres no way in heck im build that on taric.

R4GD0LL

03-02-2013

You're having trouble with itemization because you're trying to build the old Taric on his new chasis. He's changed, he's very powerful early on, if he gets to melee range with you he's gonna hurt you BADLY in his initiate. Level three he can burst you for 200+ with just his spells, never mind the 2-3 aa he gets in between. And that's not even counting what his adc is doing to you while you're stunned. Build him as an offensive support instead of a defensive one- although with the armor boosting his shatter damage, you can actually do both at the same time. Seeker's Armguard is cheap and highly effective, since it makes him tankier, boosts his aura, and ups his heal. As long as you lead your initiate with your burst, you'll get them nice and low where your adc only needs to autoattack to secure the kill.

Honestly, the more I play the new Taric the more I wonder how anybody considered this change to be a nerf at Riot HQ. Pity it's only gonna last for about a week.

TundraShadow

03-02-2013

Im not asking for a ridiculous super boost just to make the ap ratios go up on his heal and and shatter xonconsidering the good shield on shatrer is gone and his new passive makes him mana hungry

Karthus Pushed R

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TundraShadow View Post
Taric should be given a little bit stronger of a boost in regards to his ap ratio to actually effectiveness in his offense. Taric is a very good support but in late game he can crash really hard no matter how much ap you have considering that shatter and imbue both have .6. It would help attract new taric players and give taric players more fair advantage late game considering how much he gets focused. I sugest the ap ratio goes up .8
No **** you.

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Anyone remember when Taric WASN'T as good as he is now? He was still a very popular support next to Sona and Soraka.