Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Truth behind picking your role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

03-01-2013

Quote:
C0OO0N:
First. I Never stated it was the sole responsibility for support to law wards, just said that it is a main aspect of there role. A support that doesn't lay wards is a bad support.

Yes, but a Mid that doesn't lay wards is a bad Mid, and a Top that doesn't lay wards is a bad Top.

Quote:
C0OO0N:
Second, Supports don't last hit, that is the job of the adc.

He didn't say they last-hit minions, he said you attack (ranged) minions under turret so that 1 turret hit + 1 Support hit leads to 1 ADC AA killing them.

Quote:
C0OO0N:
Third, Supports don't get countered, and to intentionally counter a support would be a bad strategy. Your time is much better spent countering top/mid/adc. It is that simple. I will state this again I have NEVER seen someone intentionally counter a support.

Yes you have. Every time someone picks Blitz/Taric/Alistar into a Sona/Soraka, they are countering the Support. Every time someone picks Janna into a Leona/Alistar, they are countering the Support. If you let someone pick Sona early without punishing them with a counterpick you are forfeiting a huge advantage. The team that wins botlane is determined by the Supports, not the ADC.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LogicalTautology

03-01-2013

Quote:
C0OO0N:
What???

Yup. If you're constantly in games with those people and winning less than 56% of your games, then you're either a troll yourself, or are just as bad as they are.