Truth behind picking your role

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Oh, I obviously don't double up on the lane I want, I always fill when I need to, but I'm simply saying that I do not agree Pick>Call.

C0OO0N

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Guy View Post
It is true though. If they were smart you could say you're a duo and you'd be amazing at bot lane together. If they were smart they'd listen. But at the end of the day. YOU need to be the bigger man and if somebody locks in your role you wanted.. YOU will screw the WHOLE team over by doubling up. I don't really care for what you say. It's true. I'm not saying pick order means if you're 5th you're always support, I'm just saying if you have stubborn people. Let them be, don't double up on a role otherwise your whole team will be screwed.
I guess you can call me stubborn but I do not stand for those type of people that will lock in a spot to get their way. If I have made it clear I am going ADC and they wanna lock in an ADC they are the ones screwing the team. I will not back down for people like this.

However, if they called adc 1st I respect it. If someone can type adc faster then me I respect it. I do not condone getting your way over some technicality like pick order.

TEEM0 0N DUTY

02-28-2013

pick order = the higher on the pick order, the higher your Elo. Which in turn generally means the slightly more experienced or better person. Could be mistaken, but the game is fair. If you're considered the lowest Elo on the team, you go 5th. Like other people said, you can counter pick from there. But I agree it's frustrating calling a role only to have another person who didn't bother to type it, take it. But let them be, you won't help anybody by doubling up on the role. You know this. I know this. So, what are you to do. I believe in the summoners code it says somewhere that pick order trumps calling but you should be flexible to meet the teams needs

TEEM0 0N DUTY

02-28-2013

Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. If everyone’s picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you don’t normally play, you’ll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

There we go, that's in the summoners code.

LogicalTautology

02-28-2013

Let's say I'm first pick and you are third pick. If you call mid, and I lock in Ryze and say "mid" in chat, it makes me somewhat selfish. It sucks, and I should have been polite enough to at least apologize, but it is what it is, and we play the game. If, however, you then decide to lock in Anivia anyways and go mid, you are in fact a troll who is ruining the game for nine other people. You will be reported and (if you make a habit of it) banned.

This is why, at the end of the day, Pick Order > Calling.

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Guy View Post
pick order = the higher on the pick order, the higher your Elo. Which in turn generally means the slightly more experienced or better person. Could be mistaken, but the game is fair. If you're considered the lowest Elo on the team, you go 5th. Like other people said, you can counter pick from there. But I agree it's frustrating calling a role only to have another person who didn't bother to type it, take it. But let them be, you won't help anybody by doubling up on the role. You know this. I know this. So, what are you to do. I believe in the summoners code it says somewhere that pick order trumps calling but you should be flexible to meet the teams needs
It doesn't matter what you're Elo is if you're a duo queue. Even if you have the highest Elo of the group, if you're paired with a buddy who has very similar Elo, you're going to be last picks.

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Let's say I'm first pick and you are third pick. If you call mid, and I lock in Ryze and say "mid" in chat, it makes me somewhat selfish. It sucks, and I should have been polite enough to at least apologize, but it is what it is, and we play the game. If, however, you then decide to lock in Anivia anyways and go mid, you are in fact a troll who is ruining the game for nine other people. You will be reported and (if you make a habit of it) banned.

This is why, at the end of the day, Pick Order > Calling.
I was unaware not following the meta was trolling. You're the one who, in the end, screwed the team, and will be reported by me.

SUPERSEYMOUR

02-28-2013

I prefer solo top/mid. I always offer to fill, I just prefer lanes that I can control, and the extra gold/XP doesn't hurt.

C0OO0N

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
I was unaware not following the meta was trolling. You're the one who, in the end, screwed the team, and will be reported by me.
So since I played by the rules and told everyone were I'm going only to have someone steal my role I get posted as the bad guy. If you see it as being the person in the END who screwed the team , what about the person in the begging who started it, I'm pretty sure in our justice system the person who starts something is the one at fault! This is the code I live by and I think the summonses code would agree.

You guys need to stop labeling the guy at the end as the bad guy when he is just trying to be a good plyer from the start. How would you feel if you followed the rules only to have your choice ripped away by some pompous a hole?

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0OO0N View Post
So since I played by the rules and told everyone were I'm going only to have someone steal my role I get posted as the bad guy. If you see it as being the person in the END who screwed the team , what about the person in the begging who started it, I'm pretty sure in our justice system the person who starts something is the one at fault! This is the code I live by and I think the summonses code would agree.

You guys need to stop labeling the guy at the end as the bad guy when he is just trying to be a good plyer from the start. How would you feel if you followed the rules only to have your choice ripped away by some pompous a hole?
relax bro, I'm on your side lmao. that was in reference to what someone else said.