Truth behind picking your role

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
The funny thing is this problem only exists on the forums not in games. And i just got promoted from bronze to silver. I have had 0 games where two people took the same role, or was supper pissed about having to fill in. There are enough people who fill/ go multiple roles that it is a non-issue.
Not true. It may just be a bronze thing then. Because it's in about 4 out of every 5 games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEM0 0N DUTY

Member

02-28-2013

At the end of the day. This isn't a typing competition. Honestly, screw the people that type the role first. Personally typing what role you want should be an indication of interest into the role you personally feel best at doing. But please, be flexible in your roles. If you honestly can't do anything else except one role I suggest you either find a friend to help you or learn other roles.

At the end of the day, pick order > everything considering what are you going to do if you called adc first, you're last pick, and first pick decides they want adc and lock it in?

If you were smart, you'd be able to do a different role. If you were dumb you'd pick adc too and both go bot and be at a huge disadvantage. Just my two cents. Personally calls are just intention on what role you want, not set in stone that's what you get. IT IS NOT A TYPING CONTEST. The game decides what picking order you have.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slashinghardest

Senior Member

02-28-2013

I always find it funny when first pick locks a top on the enemy team then so does fifth pick. game starts and fifth says:
"report renekton, I called top he's trollin"
In the end who really gimped the team?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0OO0N

Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
The funny thing is this problem only exists on the forums not in games. And i just got promoted from bronze to silver. I have had 0 games where two people took the same role, or was supper pissed about having to fill in. There are enough people who fill/ go multiple roles that it is a non-issue.
No it does not....Reason I made this thread was because what I just described happened to me two games in a row. Not to mention all these BULL S rules I hear about who gets to pick who. And when you have a team of 3 or 4 people and your the odd one out it is not fun at all to be mutinied.

Not to mention that I would say about %95 of the time two people call the same role


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angryWelchMan

Senior Member

02-28-2013

I think its a attitude problem. I have players 70ish games in bronze and about 5 in silver so far so were playing the same type of people and i haven't had problem and you have so maybe its something your doing in champ select is contributing to the problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Guy View Post
At the end of the day. This isn't a typing competition. Honestly, screw the people that type the role first. Personally typing what role you want should be an indication of interest into the role you personally feel best at doing. But please, be flexible in your roles. If you honestly can't do anything else except one role I suggest you either find a friend to help you or learn other roles.

At the end of the day, pick order > everything considering what are you going to do if you called adc first, you're last pick, and first pick decides they want adc and lock it in?

If you were smart, you'd be able to do a different role. If you were dumb you'd pick adc too and both go bot and be at a huge disadvantage. Just my two cents. Personally calls are just intention on what role you want, not set in stone that's what you get. IT IS NOT A TYPING CONTEST. The game decides what picking order you have.
Again, pick order does not decide everything. Why should I be forced to play support every single game and my buddy jungle because it's what's left and we're the last picks because we're a duo?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0OO0N

Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryWelchMan View Post
I think its a attitude problem. I have players 70ish games in bronze and about 5 in silver so far so were playing the same type of people and i haven't had problem and you have so maybe its something your doing in champ select is contributing to the problem.
All I do is call my lane.....just like everyone else does when they first get in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0OO0N View Post
All I do is call my lane.....just like everyone else does when they first get in.
Same here. Was unaware saying "Mid please" made me an *******.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEM0 0N DUTY

Member

02-28-2013

It is true though. If they were smart you could say you're a duo and you'd be amazing at bot lane together. If they were smart they'd listen. But at the end of the day. YOU need to be the bigger man and if somebody locks in your role you wanted.. YOU will screw the WHOLE team over by doubling up. I don't really care for what you say. It's true. I'm not saying pick order means if you're 5th you're always support, I'm just saying if you have stubborn people. Let them be, don't double up on a role otherwise your whole team will be screwed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0OO0N

Member

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggable Guy View Post
At the end of the day. This isn't a typing competition. Honestly, screw the people that type the role first. Personally typing what role you want should be an indication of interest into the role you personally feel best at doing. But please, be flexible in your roles. If you honestly can't do anything else except one role I suggest you either find a friend to help you or learn other roles.

At the end of the day, pick order > everything considering what are you going to do if you called adc first, you're last pick, and first pick decides they want adc and lock it in?

If you were smart, you'd be able to do a different role. If you were dumb you'd pick adc too and both go bot and be at a huge disadvantage. Just my two cents. Personally calls are just intention on what role you want, not set in stone that's what you get. IT IS NOT A TYPING CONTEST. The game decides what picking order you have.
Honestly if I'm the only one that calls a lane and 2 min later someone decides to go as what I call I think THAT is bull. I agree I dont like the typing contest but what other way is there to get your point across.I think we alll have our moments when we are not backing down, and when two people like this cross paths is when you start to have problems.

Honestly the best solution to this would be a pre-game que question, much like in WOW, were you pick what you want to be going into the que (like adc). Then the game matches you all up so there are no diss-agreences.


123456 ... 7