Truth behind picking your role

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C0OO0N

02-28-2013

So I can't tell you how many different rules I hear people make up when it comes down to choosing your lane. So many people want mid or adc that it can get nasty, and anytime two people are fighting over a spot out comes some madeup rule why they get to go mid/adc.

I'm looking for the truth behind what is expected from the game. From my knowledge it has always been who ever calls it 1st gets it. This rule only makes the most sense to me.

I can tell this is gonna get trolled asap so if you post something please back it up with a link to where you heard it from.

Yourcatmolested

02-28-2013

People like to say Pick order>Call order but that's dumb. Cause you have first and second picks going top/mid nd getting hard countered, and then you have people like me who only quo queue with a similar rated buddy and we're ALWAYS 4th/5th pick. So it truly is unfair to go by pick order.

Mich567

02-28-2013

Call Order works, but be flexible and be among the first to volunteer to switch to a position. I do this, but much prefer not going bot lane because you rely on your partner; risky in Bronze 5.

KnightxSScarlett

02-28-2013

The truth is you pick what lets you have your way.

PoisonedPeace

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post
People like to say Pick order>Call order but that's dumb. Cause you have first and second picks going top/mid nd getting hard countered, and then you have people like me who only quo queue with a similar rated buddy and we're ALWAYS 4th/5th pick. So it truly is unfair to go by pick order.
It isn't unfair to go by pick order. It makes perfect sense.

The people who pick first get the roles/champs they are comfortable with. This means that even if they get countered, they have a decent chance of doing well in lane.

If you have last pick, you get stuck with a role, but you can counter whoever is in front of you to make it easiest for you.

And it goes by pick order because if first pick wants top and he picks a top champ, then he is going top. That is just the way it is lol.

Yourcatmolested

02-28-2013

I like to mid a lot, because it's my strongest role, and I know for a fact that I'm probably much better suited to mid than most people I'm paired with. I get frustrated when I give up my lane to see whoever get it feed hard.

Yourcatmolested

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonedPeace View Post
It isn't unfair to go by pick order. It makes perfect sense.

The people who pick first get the roles/champs they are comfortable with. This means that even if they get countered, they have a decent chance of doing well in lane.

If you have last pick, you get stuck with a role, but you can counter whoever is in front of you to make it easiest for you.

And it goes by pick order because if first pick wants top and he picks a top champ, then he is going top. That is just the way it is lol.
You're right. I should literally be forced to support every single game I will ever play simply because I'm a duo queue. Seems logical.

You're an idiot, please don't post anymore.

C0OO0N

02-28-2013

The biggest problem I have is when I call something 1st (like adc)....and 2 min later someone in front of me decides they want to go adc now because there mid got taken by other team....then they use the order>call to their advantage.

Yourcatmolested

02-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0OO0N View Post
The biggest problem I have is when I call something 1st (like adc)....and 2 min later someone in front of me decides they want to go adc now because there mid got taken by other team....then they use the order>call to their advantage.
Exactly the problem. People call their lane, don't call it first, then say "pick>call".

Oh that's funny, cause I just saw you try to call your lane, and now that you don't get it, you fall back on the pick order.

angryWelchMan

02-28-2013

The funny thing is this problem only exists on the forums not in games. And i just got promoted from bronze to silver. I have had 0 games where two people took the same role, or was supper pissed about having to fill in. There are enough people who fill/ go multiple roles that it is a non-issue.

12345 ... 7