Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pick Order and Calls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSilverNinja

02-28-2013

Does anyone else besides me think people abuse the pick order over calls situation? I was just recently in a game where I called mid but was last pick, then so a few minutes into the bans and picks a person on my team called mid after we started picking. I proceeded to tell him I called mid before him and he needs to pick something else but like most people in this game if someone has last pick they say" Screw you I pick before you" so I decided to dodged the que. because the only thing left after that was support and I am not the best support player. Does anyone else think that is not fair for someone to take your position you called just because they pick higher?

Please say some other people in the LOL community are nice enough to respect calls even though they wanted that position. I on that account am 1 of those people. If anyone else is please leave a post on this thread. Maybe we can get more nice people in LOL.

Thanks and have a nice day

v o

03-01-2013

Pick order indeed has higher priority then call order - it's in the summoners code itself.

Varyll

03-01-2013

I have to agree with SilverNinja in some ways. It's ridiculous how even if you're last player to pick, no matter what you seem to say, or what role you ask to play, you are denied. It's downright bs that someone gets to waste my time by intentionally picking a hero that I asked I could play. I ask for feedback from my team, and get very little literally every game. Not everyone has every hero - that being said, when you force me to fill a role I don't have, we will lose due to basic team composition. Sorry, muzik, I just don't believe that one trumps the other- they must both be respected simultaneously, as it's a team game in which all 5 players have an equal say. Stop being selfish and greedy just because you don't want to play support. Man up, and try to play support and learn it well, so that when given the chance, you want to pick support and have the ability of helping your team. Support wins games, but not if he's countered simply because the first two people decided to be pricks and deny him the chance of going a different role. Also, his post is down rated because he's asking for players to be considerate? Makes no sense to me. So what if you pick your mid hero last- leave an element of surprise as to not be counter picked, and to counterpick, which is smart.

GrimHonk

03-01-2013

Quote:
múzik:
Pick order indeed has higher priority then call order - it's in the summoners code itself.

Where is your source? Come on and show us exactly where that is mentioned in the code? I've seen reds tell people that Riot supports neither call nor pick order method, they want us to communicate and work together.

The only mention of champion select in the code is where it says to be a team player, if your team is missing something then try that role or ask someone to switch with you.

That does not mean that because you get to pick first you get to do whatever you want. It means talk with your teammates, see what everyone is best at or what people are willing to play, if someone is stuck with mid and they aren't good with it then offer to gank for them a lot, teamwork.

The Summoner's Code says support your team.

Romilly

03-01-2013

Yea...support your team. But to me, whenever i enter champ select, it feels like im the only one who has to act like that. Hardly does someone give up "their" role, even if i ask nicely.
It mostly goes like this:

I call first, but im 4th or 5th pick.
People don't care, cause im last, logging the role i asked for anyway. (And sometimes even without saying a word)

Im first pick but dont call first, saying i'd like to do a role that was already called.
People just start to insult me, reminding me that i have to be a team player giving them their role. Of course they won't even argue about me getting any other role, but the one nooneelse wants. Don't get me wrong, inormally don't have any problems doing so, but sometimes in 1 out of 20 matches i really want to play the famous top or midlane instead of...well....support or jungle.

So lastly there are those weird cases in which im first pick and call first.
People again ask me to be a team player giving them the role they desire.If i do it and play support again everything wents smoothly.
But dare me im not willing to give up my role...
Then the flame starts..im an ignorant noob...and w.e. words they feel like spilling at me...They then logg the role im already filling, or start to feed and troll ingame, threatening to report me for "refusing to communicate."

So much for support ur team...
Luckily there are those LOL-Players, who are really nice and will work things out with everyone. U hardly get them, but when u do, u know a good game will follow
They are very shy and like to hide so u rarely ever find one, but they sure are there,,,

Afortuna

03-02-2013

I've had multiple games where last pick got what he wanted. I also play support well now, because last pick is usually support. Now I can play all five spots, some better than others.

pwlocke

03-02-2013

I do agree it's a little abused, at the beginning of most games I start with a simple "mid pls" regardless of my pick order, sometimes it's honored even if I'm last pick, but most of the time someone says some mean **** then locks mid or doesn't say anything and locks a mid, I hate that, if you want mid and you are ahead of me, a simple "I am going to mid" is fine, I'll bow to pick order and fill, just don't be a ***** and treat me like **** cause you are higher in pick order

Herp Derply

03-03-2013

This is a clear problem and needs to be looked into immediately as it is causing team losses due to bitter people such as myself who aren't thinking at the time of senority telling last slot "No, you are not playing Role X, I am playing it. You are stuck playing a role you will most likely die a lot as".

It's a waste of time and it's genuinely unfair.

GM's/Devs please look into this.

Greenmacheen

03-07-2013

Unfortunately the same problem remains: It seems like the general populace of league is unwilling to do anything but help themselves. I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've had similar issues on selecting champions, not to mention people in ranked games refusing to ward or simply ping or call mia "because it's not their job" or some other lame excuse. I feel like most people play for one reason only: to get a good KDA. I swear people really think the score is their KDA

i like buttstuff

Recruiter

03-07-2013

It doesn't matter what you call, draft is draft. If you don't like pick order, don't play draft. If you DO play draft, you should know how to play all of the roles at least decently.