Cassiopeia E or Q: by champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirnobyl

02-28-2013

Whether to level Q or E first is a frequently asked question among Cassiopeia players. I was hoping people could compile a list of midlane opponents that would warrant:
-Leveling Q first for poking
-Leveling E first for DPS
-Situationally leveling one or the other depending on jungler, opponent's build, etc.

Thanks!

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

You always want to level q for the wave clear, and the movespeed buff

Gamer Celestia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2013

Or you could max e for the massive in lane burst damage, to push them off of their minions.

Mich567

02-28-2013

The mana cost on E is too high to spam it a lot, you need to level Q for CS and also good harass...

LBX Tonyb3

02-28-2013

Max E first in most situations. Cassio's passive w/ 5 plus flat mana regen yellows makes you able to spam pretty constantly.

Max Q first if you're against like malz or something with really strong push and wave clear, otherwise E is usually the better options and gives you way more kill pressure.

Pawrdone

02-28-2013

I was watching some dyrus lessons on cassio. He said to always level your Q first, not twin fangs. You can get level 2, maybe 3 at max (risky) but you really shouldn't. Your job as a mid is to clear the lane, and steal your own junglers wraiths. Your jungler will love you for that.
But again, that's just dyrus, and it was at least a year old...
Although I will say this much; I have never played Cassio, but I know that roaming and securing kills when ganking is very important. The movespeed on the Q lets you roam, helps you quickly get back and forth from the enemy tower and your wraiths, provides a reliable escape, Is very damaging and therefore a good move to poke with, and can really help when diving/chasing after a gank. Her E is tempting, but it just doesn't compare to the utility of the Q. I guess if your other 2 lanes were pushed, and stayed that way, you could level your E first... Or if your jungler is something like Amumu or xin, with 2 or more forms of CC.