Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cassiopeia E or Q: by champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirnobyl

02-28-2013

Whether to level Q or E first is a frequently asked question among Cassiopeia players. I was hoping people could compile a list of midlane opponents that would warrant:
-Leveling Q first for poking
-Leveling E first for DPS
-Situationally leveling one or the other depending on jungler, opponent's build, etc.

Thanks!

Capt Carmine

Recruiter

02-28-2013

You always want to level q for the wave clear, and the movespeed buff

VG Luna

02-28-2013

Or you could max e for the massive in lane burst damage, to push them off of their minions.

Mich567

02-28-2013

The mana cost on E is too high to spam it a lot, you need to level Q for CS and also good harass...

LBX Tonyb3

02-28-2013

Max E first in most situations. Cassio's passive w/ 5 plus flat mana regen yellows makes you able to spam pretty constantly.

Max Q first if you're against like malz or something with really strong push and wave clear, otherwise E is usually the better options and gives you way more kill pressure.

Pawrdone

02-28-2013

I was watching some dyrus lessons on cassio. He said to always level your Q first, not twin fangs. You can get level 2, maybe 3 at max (risky) but you really shouldn't. Your job as a mid is to clear the lane, and steal your own junglers wraiths. Your jungler will love you for that.
But again, that's just dyrus, and it was at least a year old...
Although I will say this much; I have never played Cassio, but I know that roaming and securing kills when ganking is very important. The movespeed on the Q lets you roam, helps you quickly get back and forth from the enemy tower and your wraiths, provides a reliable escape, Is very damaging and therefore a good move to poke with, and can really help when diving/chasing after a gank. Her E is tempting, but it just doesn't compare to the utility of the Q. I guess if your other 2 lanes were pushed, and stayed that way, you could level your E first... Or if your jungler is something like Amumu or xin, with 2 or more forms of CC.