Suggestion: Loss Prevented in Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Blacklisted

03-01-2013

We all know people lose games by people who troll and grief intentionally, but being down 4v5 from the very start is completely unfair, if they are wanting to run a "business" as you speak, then you listen to your customers who are trying to indulge in the premium aspects of the game such as ranked, i dont care if sum1 goes afk in blind, draft or bots, could care less because im doing those games for practice, but when i do a ranked game, that's when it is not business as usual, and a company should strive to see it perfected

iWREQ

03-01-2013

Gotta put some sort of rules in there, or you will have win trading all day long

M3RC FR3AK

03-02-2013

It's a very good idea but in practice it is tricky. As others have stated it could possibly be abused, so a system would have to be created to avoid that as much as possible.

I personally hope something like this is implemented soon but I just hope RIOT can at least address us on their views of the idea.

The Blacklisted

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RC FR3AK View Post
I just hope RIOT can at least address us on their views of the idea.
exactly this, just let us know if you have any plans on addressing the situation Riot.

Gyarados7

03-03-2013

What if on the reports with the tribunal, if there was a report to a player, like the leona in your game, you would put Loss Prevented AFK as a report sent, that way tribunal people can review it, and choose based on what they see if there is Punishment/Loss Prevented, Just Punishment, or Pardon.

The Blacklisted

03-04-2013

tribunal reports are a week long process, we need immediate results some how, b/c some people may be in a league series or demotion down to another bracket.

gantonski

03-08-2013

whats to prevent people from unplugging their modem in a losing game? or what determines the connectivity issues on the server?

The Blacklisted

03-08-2013

i am referring to the other 4 players in the game avoiding a loss, not the actual dc themselves, and this is only for solo duo not 5 man teams. the actual afk person should take the loss, whether in their control or not, if its an isp issue that is really giving them issues maybe it will make them think twice b4 they que for a ranked rather than a normal

The Blacklisted

03-11-2013

i have noticed that riot is passing out "Loss Prevented" game updates for games that were affected by riot server issues, something similar to this could be offered for people that are afk the whole game

FlyingSinkfaucet

01-03-2014

Yeah but if every time somebody left and it would be "loss prevented", then if you know you were going to loose you can just leave and rejoin and it would be "lost prevented" and you wouldn't loose anything...just your time.