Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestion: Loss Prevented in Ranked Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustled Jimmies

02-28-2013

Hey guys, I'm not here to QQ, just to propose a solid idea. I think that a loss prevented system should be implemented in only extreme cases. In the game I just played, our 5th player didn't connect for 1 second in a 52 minute game, yet we managed to survive for that long. I only lost 5LP, which sucks, but isn't devastating. Just some food for thought.

http://oi49.tinypic.com/15bxx4.jpg (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Foi49.tinypic.com%2F15bxx4.jpg)
Above is a screenshot of the game I just got finished.

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

I like the idea... but I think it should be a vote on the WINNING team, to prevent the loss, based on a leaver on the losing team.

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Quote:
UnHoly453522:
I like the idea... but I think it should be a vote on the WINNING team, to prevent the loss, based on a leaver on the losing team.

Does a loss prevention cancel out the win for the other team though?

GG Unholy

02-28-2013

Quote:
Akshun Bastard:
Does a loss prevention cancel out the win for the other team though?

No, it simply is NULL for the losing team... in my opinion...

Rustled Jimmies

02-28-2013

Quote:
UnHoly453522:
No, it simply is NULL for the losing team... in my opinion...

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. And it is a good idea for the winning team to have to vote on it.

NiceDynamite

02-28-2013

Then I would agree on that. I've gone through quite a few ranked losses due to afk/not loading in/quitting.

The Blacklisted

03-01-2013

This afk in ranked business should seriously be addressed, especially if leaverbuster has already taken action at the end of the ranked game. I have lost around 10% of my games b/c of AFK players. Keep bumping this thread till we get a riot official to weigh in on the situation

Armstice

03-01-2013

Riot wont officially weigh in because in order to manage every situation where someone dc's or simply doesn't connect you would be mandating what type of internet you needed to play which would deter people from playing and we all know players = money.

I really wish everyone would take the fact that Riot is a buisness into consideration. There are flaws in every system, but at the end of the day if you are fairly happy with the product you are recieving (especially when it's free) then Riot has kept up their end of the bargain.

PhoenixCaptain

03-01-2013

Yes please.

Haitah

03-01-2013

The only time I could see this working is if one player was D/ced the ENTIRE game, sorta like how it was in your game.
They can't do it with d/ced in the middle of the game because that can easily be abused.
I would like this idea, maybe the first 5minutes if someone is D/ced or gets d/ced within that time frame it can be a loss prevention.