Riot Survey

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Here is the problem a lot of people would claim that that if dominion have ranked they would not play more dominion because of that. yet that says nothing. In a country having a league of a sports, increment considerable the amount of that sport being played, regardless of if you asked to people in any country if they would play more of that sport if they had a league they would say no.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Froppi

Senior Member

02-28-2013

Why did Feedski get downvoted? What Feedski said was common sense. Riot clearly sent out surveys for a purpose, not for some unrealistic paranoid rationale such as "saving their jobs". Sometimes forum conduct blows my mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Sending out surveys is not improving dominion. You can spend thirty minutes looking at this forum and come away with at minimum a three page list of things to fix that are completely game-breaking compared to SR's problems that are not Warmogs. The most we get is a blip on the patch notes once every couple of months.

Improving Dominion would be making that list and then assigning people to work on it. We get one over-worked person (Bless Nome) who's requests for aid from other departments seem to get filed to the bottom of the to-do list, so, no, Riot is not trying. TT gets a token amount of attention because they for some reason kept its ranked mode on while it is theoretically in "beta mode" and PG is popular because it doesn't require any brain to play and it gets actual facetime by Riot. I think it's astonishing that we even get Nome considering the rest of the company doesn't remotely care for Dominion.

EDIT:
Oh, and Froppi, if you expect people to be well-mannered and behave on the internet then you are doing it wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froppi View Post
Why did Feedski get downvoted? What Feedski said was common sense. Riot clearly sent out surveys for a purpose, not for some unrealistic paranoid rationale such as "saving their jobs". Sometimes forum conduct blows my mind.
That would be my fault. I went to hit the quote button and fat fingered the downvote. I was hoping someone would just upvote it and move on. But alas...

I'm sorry


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Here is the problem a lot of people would claim that that if dominion have ranked they would not play more dominion because of that. yet that says nothing. In a country having a league of a sports, increment considerable the amount of that sport being played, regardless of if you asked to people in any country if they would play more of that sport if they had a league they would say no.
About 30-40% of people who do not currently play Dominion would consider queuing if ranked were implemented.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Is this coming from somewhere that is not a random poll on the forums?

Putting in ranked does not fix anything wrong with this map. We're still getting no promotional support from Riot, we still have serious problems with champion and item balance, and there are still mechanical problems with the map itself. Ranked is a solution after a map is properly balanced, just look at how completely derpass ranked TT was at the end of S2. Pick 3 bruisers, go plat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golly

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malah View Post
Is this coming from somewhere that is not a random poll on the forums?

Putting in ranked does not fix anything wrong with this map. We're still getting no promotional support from Riot, we still have serious problems with champion and item balance, and there are still mechanical problems with the map itself. Ranked is a solution after a map is properly balanced, just look at how completely derpass ranked TT was at the end of S2. Pick 3 bruisers, go plat.
Granted, forum polls aren't going to give you perfect results, but they are an indicator if they are set up correctly.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but you are echoing complaints that people are having with SR currently.

I'm sorry, but item balance, champion balance, and mechanical problems with the map itself is not the biggest problem the mode has. The biggest problem the mode has is lack of population. And until something is done to rectify that, nothing else will really matter. The mode will continue to die. Even if every champion was balanced and all the items made perfect sense and the respawn timers didn't screw anyone over. It will still whither and die without promotion.

Something HAS to be done to help the population of the mode. Ranked can help with this. And if you think it can't or won't then I don't know what else to tell you but I'm sorry, I disagree.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Granted, forum polls aren't going to give you perfect results, but they are an indicator if they are set up correctly.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but you are echoing complaints that people are having with SR currently.

I'm sorry, but item balance, champion balance, and mechanical problems with the map itself is not the biggest problem the mode has. The biggest problem the mode has is lack of population. And until something is done to rectify that, nothing else will really matter. The mode will continue to die. Even if every champion was balanced and all the items made perfect sense and the respawn timers didn't screw anyone over. It will still whither and die without promotion.

Something HAS to be done to help the population of the mode. Ranked can help with this. And if you think it can't or won't then I don't know what else to tell you but I'm sorry, I disagree.
The simple fact is that on a balanced map, Ranked exists as a vanishingly small fraction of the total playerbase (something like a couple percent). Why the hell would *anyone* play a Ranked mode for a map wherein there are basically 2 bans after cleaning out the cheesecake ones, and the queue times would be longer?

I would be more interested in seeing Ranked as part of a "timing attack" on the population problem; build tweak and test a huge number of Dominion specific changes of some form till the bigger problems go away, then drop those on the same patch Ranked is deployed. But just adding another queue to a mode that doesn't fill all of its queues as-is won't fix anything.



And as to what Nome is doing, he is either A: working on something comparable to the Season 3 changes for Dominion, or he's working on an unannounced game mode. A lot of Rioters, Nome included, like to have a lot of forum presence, and no forum presence means they are really busy on big tasks. I doubt we'll see anything soon (this is Riot), but it's coming.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Granted, forum polls aren't going to give you perfect results, but they are an indicator if they are set up correctly.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade here, but you are echoing complaints that people are having with SR currently.

I'm sorry, but item balance, champion balance, and mechanical problems with the map itself is not the biggest problem the mode has. The biggest problem the mode has is lack of population. And until something is done to rectify that, nothing else will really matter. The mode will continue to die. Even if every champion was balanced and all the items made perfect sense and the respawn timers didn't screw anyone over. It will still whither and die without promotion.

Something HAS to be done to help the population of the mode. Ranked can help with this. And if you think it can't or won't then I don't know what else to tell you but I'm sorry, I disagree.
I listed promotional support first for a host of fairly good reasons, some of which you listed. Ranked play is a tiny percentage of the playerbase as it is, and all that Ranked on Dom does is make Draft even more undesirable and take population from Blind that really does not need to go, no matter how small of an amount it would be.

Population is not the cause of our problems, it's the effect of the other issues I listed. I stuck with Dominion because I was bored of SR, not because Dominion is a particularly amazing map, and the state of champion balance is about two weeks away from driving me away from Dominion as well. I'm not going back to playing SR, I'm uninstalling League and redirecting Riot mail towards my spam filter. I would like to say that I play Dominion because it's better than SR, but it's ultimately a style decision that is quickly losing its merit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quincunx

Senior Member

03-01-2013

Well, at some point in January (I think) Nome said in DD chat that he had exciting news about Dominion, but couldn't share it with us yet. Hopefully it's coming soon.